oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

10 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Anyone see the Gazette article of the championship players who are no free agents? Plenty of defenders and midfielders on the list, but very few wingers/attackers. Very few standout players in my opinion, but there are a few worth a look (if wage demands are sensible).

Tyler Blackett (Left Back)

Naby Sarr (Centre Back)

Mike Van Der Hoorn (Centre Back)

Kevin Stewart (Defensive Midfielder)

Chris Martin (Forward)

Lyle Taylor (Forward)

Surprised to see Danny Loader (Reading) on the list as he was linked with moves to Prem clubs last summer. But had massively dropped off.

Would take forasteri as well

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Is Lee Gregory at Stoke still? Sure with Fletcher going there and still having Vokes you'd think he'd be on his way out

Not someone I'd be after personally but we were linked in the past 

As long as we have enough to stay up this season, I’d rather us assemble a “proper squad” next season when Covid has loosened up the restrictions on the market and for players. 

I think it’s naive to assume that this window we can recruit a whole new squad which is what we need. I’d rather piece together a squad over the next two seasons, whilst being competitive, and have a real go when we have got the right players in. 

The problem as the season draws closer in, is we recruit players who we didn’t fancy but felt we had to bring people in just because. We aren’t going to get promoted this season, so why rush to sign players?

However, this approach is risky with Warnock as he might not have the time to do it for 3 years with one club? This was one of my main points against Warnock. We’re now at a conundrum of needing to get players for Warnocks style, in a market that isn’t open and the quantity of players is always going to be difficult on the back of that. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, "KM" said:

Are you confident that we will go into next season with the signings Neil Warnock wants? I’m not. We are skint. Can guarantee 90% of our signings will be free agents or loans. Our signings will  also be short term signings like Stoke’s.

I don't think Warnock will have been that inflexible to be honest and we aren't skint, we just don't have parachute payments. We bid £2mill for Moore so money is clearly there if needed but Warnock won't spend it needlessly or offer more than someone is worth

• Like 1

Nothing really noteworthy that I've heard. Friend to Birmingham is already out there, but notably he is taking less money there than he was offered here. Apparently feels it is the right time to move on. I think its actually a good move for everyone even though it always stings a bit when you lose a man like George.

On separate transfer news, I've heard Villa are back in for Tammy Abraham and also trying to take Mason Mount! 

13 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Tyler Blackett gone to Forest.

Thought we would have been in for him, but apparently not. Nothing really surprises me with our recruitment.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)