oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

11 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

What hype though? It's all self contained within threads like this and on twitter, all Warnock ever said is he wanted 5 or 6 in which is entirely possible.

People literally hype themselves up, just to get annoyed about it

i dont agree with the term hyped up, but i believe its fair for boro fans to be annoyed and frustrated at this point. Warnock is another manager who has come in and talked about "needing x amount of players" and the club is lacking "this and that". Again talking about wanting to "act quickly" and get players in.  We heard the same stuff under Pulis and we saw what happened there.
Im not suggesting that Warnock is going to do a Pulis as i think he is a man who actually has integrity, but i dont its unfair for fans to be annoyed and worried at this stage when this transfer window is almost like for like following the trajectory of the previous ones that were some of the worst in the clubs history.  

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, tmcc said:

i dont agree with the term hyped up, but i believe its fair for boro fans to be annoyed and frustrated at this point. Warnock is another manager who has come in and talked about "needing x amount of players" and the club is lacking "this and that". Again talking about wanting to "act quickly" and get players in.  We heard the same stuff under Pulis and we saw what happened there.
Im not suggesting that Warnock is going to do a Pulis as i think he is a man who actually has integrity, but i dont its unfair for fans to be annoyed and worried at this stage when this transfer window is almost like for like following the trajectory of the previous ones that were some of the worst in the clubs history.  

Look at the transfer market, look at the state of football in general and look at what Warnock has said in the press this week, this is entirely fans creating their own hype and then getting depressed when it doesn't happen.

It's literally the same pattern every season: hype from manager saying he wants additions>posters harassing ITK posters>taking every whisper as gospel>disappointment when players don't sign straightaway>blame a fabled recruitment team

Rinse and repeat every year

• Like 8
1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Look at the transfer market, look at the state of football in general and look at what Warnock has said in the press this week, this is entirely fans creating their own hype and then getting depressed when it doesn't happen.

It's literally the same pattern every season: hype from manager saying he wants additions>posters harassing ITK posters>taking every whisper as gospel>disappointment when players don't sign straightaway>blame a fabled recruitment team

You missed off me saying the signings are rubbish but otherwise that is very accurate 👍

1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

When will people realise that anything can happen with transfers. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we have bid and offered over 10 contracts to potential players. Doesn't mean they will accept and everything will go smoothly.

The last 4 to 5 years of football at Boro has made us very unappealing to good footballers, players want to join an upward team that plays good football{in the main} we are far from that. 

So, let's not be surprised when the likes of Smith join Swansea over us,  etc etc

• Like 1
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Who he is, to be fair.

Doubt he'd be too hard to replace on the pitch.

I can understand that.  Definitely one of the most likeable players we've had in the time I've been a Boro fan 👍 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Are you gutted because of who he is or because of the player he is?

The first one. I will massively miss George Friend the man, I won't miss George Friend the current player, sad to say.

• Like 1
Just now, Changing Times said:

You missed off me saying the signings are rubbish but otherwise that is very accurate 👍

It would be interesting to look at how many players we have actually signed that ITK posters mentioned on here, I imagine last year it was very low.

That's not a moan an ITK posters either, it's more a representation of the fragility of deals and the pure volume of players we will look at through the manager, agents, scouts and beyond

6 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

When will people realise that anything can happen with transfers. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we have bid and offered over 10 contracts to potential players. Doesn't mean they will accept and everything will go smoothly.

The last 4 to 5 years of football at Boro has made us very unappealing to good footballers, players want to join an upward team that plays good football{in the main} we are far from that. 

So, let's not be surprised when the likes of Smith join Swansea over us,  etc etc

Exactly that 👍 more so with the first 2 paragraphs mind, I don't think we are a bad proposition as a club but other teams can offer more financially, location wise and current footballing style.

We need to build a side rather than worry too much about individuals though, there are plenty of players in each position who could be brought in to improve us

Edited by SzilardNemethsCurtains
Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

It would be interesting to look at how many players we have actually signed that ITK posters mentioned on here, I imagine last year it was very low.

That's not a moan an ITK posters either, it's more a representation of the fragility of deals and the pure volume of players we will look at through the manager, agents, scouts and beyond

There's definitely been a few that were mentioned, I'm sure of it.  Like you say though, how many players do we look at each summer with a possibility of signing?  Probably 50+?  If they get hold of a couple of names then it could be three out of however many and then we end up signing someone else.  I think sometimes some people get a bit frantic on here.  Frantic might not be the right word but it's along those lines.

• Like 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)