oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Just now, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Reckon George will have written a statement which the boro will put out on his time here? 

almost definitely i would imagine. Probably in the gazette

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Look at the transfer market, look at the state of football in general and look at what Warnock has said in the press this week, this is entirely fans creating their own hype and then getting depressed when it doesn't happen.

It's literally the same pattern every season: hype from manager saying he wants additions>posters harassing ITK posters>taking every whisper as gospel>disappointment when players don't sign straightaway>blame a fabled recruitment team

Rinse and repeat every year

i know the transfer markets bad, im not blaming warnock, im just saying i dont think unwarranted that some fans are once again annoyed  by the clubs transfer dealings or lack there of. 

also we have had good windows in the past before relgation, signing plenty of players, this saying we need to sign players and failing to do so is a fairly new problem that arose during the pulis era.

Just now, mendieta420 said:

Apparently it's a 2 year deal with an option for a 3rd. Seems like a great deal for him.

I wonder if we offered a shorter term? At his age the longer the better 

3 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Apparently it's a 2 year deal with an option for a 3rd. Seems like a great deal for him.

If that's true absolutely no wonder he'd take that, there's no way I'd have been offering him a deal till 34.

If what we are led to believe is that we have some money this summer, then I can understand for once the "lack of activity". The longer fans aren't allowed in the stadiums the more desperate teams are going to be to stay afloat financially meaning selling may become more essential in later weeks. Also with free agents I think you will see more power in the clubs hands than the players when negotiating deals. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, tmcc said:

i know the transfer markets bad, im not blaming warnock, im just saying i dont think unwarranted that some fans are once again annoyed  by the clubs transfer dealings or lack there of. 

also we have had good windows in the past before relgation, signing plenty of players, this saying we need to sign players and failing to do so is a fairly new problem that arose during the pulis era.

Have to agree to disagree on this one, our recruitment hasn't been great but our circumstances have changed, we have no parachute payments and we as a fan base need to accept that.

Signing players is not easy for a club of our position and that is especially so in this climate, we can't compare to when we were the biggest spenders in the league

• Like 2

If what we are led to believe is that we have some money this summer, then I can understand for once the "lack of activity". The longer fans aren't allowed in the stadiums the more desperate teams are going to be to stay afloat financially meaning selling may become more essential in later weeks. Also with free agents I think you will see more power in the clubs hands than the players when negotiating deals. 

That said its not ideal preparation for the season not having players in for the start of it.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)