Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, scottpilgrim said:

Thats fine and dandy if you have belief in the people who do those deals.

Noone but Gibson has belief in the clowns at Boro. 

Ronaldo could turn up tomorrow wanting to play for free and Gill and his cronies would claim his stats arent as good as some nobody from league 1, and Bauser would cock it up with his negotiation skills.

Or you could look at the situation with a bit of balance and admit we are competing with sides with more resources and in areas of the country more attractive than ours, we did deals for years because we were the biggest spenders in the league. Why can't our fans admit those days are gone? 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Or you could look at the situation with a bit of balance and admit we are competing with sides with more resources and in areas of the country more attractive than ours, we did deals for years because we were the biggest spenders in the league. Why can't our fans admit those days are gone? 

Because our recruitment also failed when we had money

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Apparently it's a 2 year deal with an option for a 3rd. Seems like a great deal for him.

A footballers career is a short one and george is on borrowed time now. 2/3 years seems like insanity from Birmingham and I can’t blame him for taking it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Or you could look at the situation with a bit of balance and admit we are competing with sides with more resources and in areas of the country more attractive than ours, we did deals for years because we were the biggest spenders in the league. Why can't our fans admit those days are gone? 

Aye, those incredible deals from when we had money. What a shame, wish we had money again so we could make those deals again. 

crazy cuckoo GIF

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Because our recruitment also failed when we had money

Does it not get boring bringing up the same issues over and over again?

The past is the past yet it's like groundhog day, always focusing on the 'recruitment team', even before the window is closed. It's not even the same group involved, Bevington has been and gone and the main player in any recruitment is the manager with each using different methods. The fortune telling of failed windows is just turning into a self fulfilling prophecy

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Our recruiment team is nothing short of an utter shambles. No one has any belief that they will get deals over the line or find the right players for our team. Regardless of which manager we have or whether we've got money to play with or not it's always the same outcome. We seem to lack ideas and creativity when it comes to sourcing players too. I'm surprised nothings changed but we've had seven brutal windows one after the other, will this be an eighth?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Or you could look at the situation with a bit of balance and admit we are competing with sides with more resources and in areas of the country more attractive than ours, we did deals for years because we were the biggest spenders in the league. Why can't our fans admit those days are gone? 

Why do some people refuse to criticise the club.

Gill and Bauser are doing terrible jobs. We have saw this over the last 4 years what makes you think this is suddenly going to change?

Its not like getting behind a poor player on the pitch hoping some confidence will improve their luck. There is nothing to gain by defending them.

Monk gets a lot of stick for putting the club in this position, he didnt overspend Bauser did.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Does it not get boring bringing up the same issues over and over again?

The past is the past yet it's like groundhog day, always focusing on the 'recruitment team', even before the window is closed. It's not even the same group involved, Bevington has been and gone and the main player in any recruitment is the manager with each using different methods. The fortune telling of failed windows is just turning into a self fulfilling prophecy

It's almost like the club doesn't actually learn from its mistakes as a whole. You say things are changing and still failing but future failures are mistakenly construed as reasoned challenges of the club and actually just prophecies based on very little, I'll say there are constants that exist within our club that stretches across all of the past few years and it comes, as with most bad long-term business decisions, from the very top.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Does it not get boring bringing up the same issues over and over again?

The past is the past yet it's like groundhog day, always focusing on the 'recruitment team', even before the window is closed. It's not even the same group involved, Bevington has been and gone and the main player in any recruitment is the manager with each using different methods. The fortune telling of failed windows is just turning into a self fulfilling prophecy

If the club keep doing it, we'll keep bringing it up? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

It's almost like the club doesn't actually learn from its mistakes as a whole. You say things are changing and still failing but future failures are mistakenly construed as reasoned challenges of the club and actually just prophecies based on very little, I'll say there are constants that exist within our club that stretches across all of the past few years and it comes, as with most bad long-term business decisions, from the very top.

You mean these mistakes which are presumed half way through a transfer window during a pandemic? You're not even giving them a chance

You're actively willing failure

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Im sure it'll strengthen soon but that's where we are as it stands. 

 

 

 

 

Just me or is the "spine" the least of our worries unless he just means CB, only need 1 DM imo 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Once again making up your own arguments, where does it say they were incredible deals? It's just obviously easier to make deals with money

bored to death yawn GIF by Rose McGowan

So what you're actually suggesting, as a response to someone saying we don't do good deals because we wouldn't offer one of the best players in the world the chance to work for free here, is that we don't do deals because of money? So you're not actually challenging anything what they've said?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

You mean these mistakes which are presumed half way through a transfer window during a pandemic? You're not even giving them a chance

You're actively willing failure

Where am I actively willing failure?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...