oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

6 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

When I posted my stats graphs, I actually compiled the stats for Williams and Mokotjo, neither were particularly standout. What I will say is Williams is only 19 so has plenty of potential. Mokotjo was really poor (statswise).

Was that the CDM charts? Because Williams is more of a box to box like the Camarasa type Warnock had at Cardiff he probably doesn't standout in any stat but he has great stamina and energy up and down him and Saville wide of a holding midfielder is probably an ideal Warnock midfield 3. If you asked me for Wigans best 3 players I'd say Robinson, Williams and Moore the lad definitely has talent and is probably worth a 2 million pound fee turns 24 later this year is only going to get better.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

When I posted my stats graphs, I actually compiled the stats for Williams and Mokotjo, neither were particularly standout. What I will say is Williams is only 19 so has plenty of potential. Mokotjo was really poor (statswise).

Williams is 23 though

1 minute ago, TAPOUT said:

Where did you get the data for the graphs dan. You should put them up for each we are linked with for comparison. Good work 👍

I've been using WhoScored, which has some very basic metrics on it. 

It's sounds proper nerdy, but I have been contemplating compiling stats on each championship player! 🤣

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

It's sounds proper nerdy, but I have been contemplating compiling stats on each championship player! 🤣

austin powers nerd GIF

But seriously please do it 😉

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Was that the CDM charts? Because Williams is more of a box to box like the Camarasa type Warnock had at Cardiff he probably doesn't standout in any stat but he has great stamina and energy up and down him and Saville wide of a holding midfielder is probably an ideal Warnock midfield 3. If you asked me for Wigans best 3 players I'd say Robinson, Williams and Moore the lad definitely has talent and is probably worth a 2 million pound fee turns 24 later this year is only going to get better.

Yeah it was, the graph did show the "defensive" stats for him were pretty all-round ok. Nothing standout like Stewart for tackles and intercepts.

Is Williams a holding midfielder? It seems this is the position where we are certainly getting linked with players. Amos, Stewart and Glazer all are holding midfielders too?

9 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Isn’t that the way Brentford do it? I remember reading about it all where they have staff compiling loads of data of thousands of different players across the continent to try to find a metric that nobody else has found yet so that they can look at players that have been performing at a high level and are undervalued in relation to their performances and statistics. Obviously it hasn’t gone too badly for them! I’m really interested in that type of thing aswell but I don’t really have the patience to go through so much data. Maybe you should send the club an email once you’ve finished. Might make a bit of a change from over paying on the big names recently 😂

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Adamjr9 said:

Isn’t that the way Brentford do it? I remember reading about it all where they have staff compiling loads of data of thousands of different players across the continent to try to find a metric that nobody else has found yet so that they can look at players that have been performing at a high level and are undervalued in relation to their performances and statistics. Obviously it hasn’t gone too badly for them! I’m really interested in that type of thing aswell but I don’t really have the patience to go through so much data. Maybe you should send the club an email once you’ve finished. Might make a bit of a change from over paying on the big names recently 😂

Brentford have taken that approach definitely. The difference is Brentford (and other clubs) have access to statistical software that has 100's of metrics, and drills down the "basic" metrics we see. So things like passes will be spilt into lots of different more details metrics, things like "progressive passes" rather than just a pass.

Yeah I'm interested in data and analytics too, which is probably why I've ended up in a career in accounting! 🤣

Not sure club would do much with an email from me with a spreadsheet attached haha! 

28 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I’d love to see a front 4 of:

Roberts———Tavernier———Murphy

———————Fletcher———————

Murphy is more of a RW in't he? Think the other brother is the one that plays predominantly on the left

I think he can play both sides though tbf

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)