oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

6 minutes ago, Tarmo said:

Murphy is more of a RW in't he? Think the other brother is the one that plays predominantly on the left

I think he can play both sides though tbf

Let's get'em both .. One for each side ..

• Like 1

Yeah I’d say Murphy would mean no Roberts, I’d hope we don’t get both and try to force one into a position they aren’t effective in. It never works!

Can't say I knowba great deal about this wigan guy, but we need a DM and paying a decent fee so have to trust warnock, him a and Murphy be a good bit of business hopefully we get them signed up sharply

19 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Looks a proper player this Joe Williams, been missing that bite in midfield but he seems better on the ball than that Glazer

Different type of players though ones predominantly a defensive type player while the other is more attacking. 

For me i would keep Fry unless a stupid offer came in and im taking club record sale. He had a poor season yes but he is young, english and has a lot of experience for his age plus he us a Boro lad.  He will only get better, people forget he was playing alongside shotton, ayala, Johnson etc all dross who knew they was leaving so only giving 70% 6m plus gibbo is getting robbed. Rather we signed Goode forget about Gibbo unless his wages are 15k max.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Is Williams a holding midfielder? It seems this is the position where we are certainly getting linked with players. Amos, Stewart and Glazer all are holding midfielders too?

I think we need both one holding midfielder and one midfielder who can get forward score goals (unless this summer Warnock can work his magic on Wing and get him back to the level of his first season). 

Wing scored 7 goals before lockdown and then never got a look in under Warnock. So to say he had a poor season is unfair. He scores goals. That is what he does. 

The trick is working out if he can fit in a Warnock team. But not his fault if Warnock doesn't like him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thomas said:

I think we need both one holding midfielder and one midfielder who can get forward score goals (unless this summer Warnock can work his magic on Wing and get him back to the level of his first season). 

Savile scored 10 in 44 in 17/18 - so he could be the box-to-box goal scoring midfielder we need if played correctly.

McNair scored 5 in 16 in 17/18 - so he could also be the goalscoring midfielder we need if played correctly.

What we don't have is the Championship Kante - someone who destroys and sits in front of the defence.  

What we absolutely need are wingers, preferably with pace, preferably wingers who both score and assist - Murphy would be an excellent start.

• Like 1