oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 hour ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Most key passes and dribbles per game for us Roberts, 4th highest assists but with 2000-3000 minutes less 

I was purely talking from an entertainment point of view, I do rate him. 2 assists and 1 goal isn't amazing either but I don't think we saw the best of him fitness wise,

I'd love to see us with a pacey direct winger like Murphy or an Adomah type though, for me that's the kind of player who gets you out of your seat

10 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I was purely talking from an entertainment point of view, I do rate him. 2 assists and 1 goal isn't amazing either but I don't think we saw the best of him fitness wise,

I'd love to see us with a pacey direct winger like Murphy or an Adomah type though, for me that's the kind of player who gets you out of your seat

I'd like Roberts on one side and a pacey direct winger on the other, gives us more options if Roberts can drift inside or drop deep plus he's got a decent range of passing whereas I'd like the other winger to run across the defenders and get in behind, more of a forward than Roberts but it's obviously finding someone who can do it and then finding a defensively solid LB who can let him do it. Be some front 3 though (CR7----Fletcher----Roberts) 

The only thing about Roberts last season was not releasing the ball enough and missing chances but nothing a preseason with a good manager can't help fix 

For £3m he's the closest we can get to our own Jarrod Bowen if he improves his finishing

• Like 2

I’m sure someone said we’d agreed a loan with option to buy for Roberts when Woodgate first got him? If he’s available for £3m I can’t imagine that would be any more than what we were quoted last time so either he doesn’t want to come to us or Warnock isn’t convinced? Unless I’m remembering incorrectly. 

50 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

I'd like Roberts on one side and a pacey direct winger on the other, gives us more options if Roberts can drift inside or drop deep plus he's got a decent range of passing whereas I'd like the other winger to run across the defenders and get in behind, more of a forward than Roberts but it's obviously finding someone who can do it and then finding a defensively solid LB who can let him do it. Be some front 3 though (CR7----Fletcher----Roberts) 

The only thing about Roberts last season was not releasing the ball enough and missing chances but nothing a preseason with a good manager can't help fix 

For £3m he's the closest we can get to our own Jarrod Bowen if he improves his finishing

Yeah agree with all that

If £3million is true, then you'd hope we could find that. Ultimately it's up to where the player wants to go mind and whether he will be up for sale, which will be the biggest hurdle.

I think we are a hard sell at the moment but if we can get 4-5 decent players in, we will head in the right direction. I do think our signings will be later on in the window mind

• Like 1

If Roberts is available for 3 million then the fee certainly won’t be the issue. It’s a no brainer to pay 3 million for a young English winger. The issue will be with his wages, I’ve had a look around to see what he’s earning at city and there’s multiple websites that claim he’s on £40,000 per week which wouldn’t surprise me tbh as he only signed a new contract last season before going to Norwich. I’d imagine he’d have to take a huge pay cut to come here permanently as I doubt we’d even pay half of that and I wouldn’t imagine he’s short on suitors either.

If we do get him though, whether it’s permanently or on loan, I’d love to see him play in at number 10 behind the strikers. I don’t think many people would disagree with me in saying that our problem has been creativity in between the lines ever since we lost the likes of tomlin and Ramirez and Roberts has shown that he has the ability to take on a man and make thinks happen from nothing. I personally think he’d be ideal operating in between the lines with a bit more freedom without the responsibility of getting back to help out the full back. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Adamjr9 said:

If Roberts is available for 3 million then the fee certainly won’t be the issue. It’s a no brainer to pay 3 million for a young English winger. The issue will be with his wages, I’ve had a look around to see what he’s earning at city and there’s multiple websites that claim he’s on £40,000 per week which wouldn’t surprise me tbh as he only signed a new contract last season before going to Norwich. I’d imagine he’d have to take a huge pay cut to come here permanently as I doubt we’d even pay half of that and I wouldn’t imagine he’s short on suitors either.

If we do get him though, whether it’s permanently or on loan, I’d love to see him play in at number 10 behind the strikers. I don’t think many people would disagree with me in saying that our problem has been creativity in between the lines ever since we lost the likes of tomlin and Ramirez and Roberts has shown that he has the ability to take on a man and make thinks happen from nothing. I personally think he’d be ideal operating in between the lines with a bit more freedom without the responsibility of getting back to help out the full back. 

Do we definitely have £3mill to be throwing around? I'm not so sure

2 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

We bid 2 million for moore, 2 million for that israel midfielder guy. Must be saving like 100k a week in wages from contracts of Ayala, Gesede, Clayton ending and George leaving 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

None of us know, you included. I doubt that will stop you *** on any discussion of signing Roberts though.

47 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

We definitely have some money.

2m on Moore. 2m on Glazer. up to 2.5 on Williams, 750k on Goode.

We have a little bit of cash floating around, but not the 10s of millions we had seasons past.

38 minutes ago, Brunners said:

We definitely have some money.

2m on Moore. 2m on Glazer. up to 2.5 on Williams, 750k on Goode.

We have a little bit of cash floating around, but not the 10s of millions we had seasons past.

Yeah it was more a question than statement, the Moore offer shows there is money. I just think it'll be a tight summer but that's just a hunch, especially if we are as keen on signing Gibson as we are told

Edited by SzilardNemethsCurtains
7 hours ago, Adamjr9 said:

there’s multiple websites that claim he’s on £40,000

If Roberts is on that sort of money I can't see him moving anywhere permanently. If I were him I'd have another couple of seasons on loan at various clubs and mop up the cash. 

There's no way we'd be buying him permanently if he's earning that much and it makes no sense for him to sign for someone permanently and take a big pay cut. 

30 minutes ago, Duvel said:

If Roberts is on that sort of money I can't see him moving anywhere permanently. If I were him I'd have another couple of seasons on loan at various clubs and mop up the cash. 

There's no way we'd be buying him permanently if he's earning that much and it makes no sense for him to sign for someone permanently and take a big pay cut. 

Yeah agree with  that. He is a championship player on Premier League money, so it'll make sense for him to just keep his City contract. He will have plenty of loan offers and unless City pay him off I doubt he is going anywhere on a permanent.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)