oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 minute ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 

Dam it they signed both Lyle Taylor and Jacob Murphy while we sat twiddling our thumbs. I mean for Murphy he can still use his Newcastle house if he came to us but we still couldn't get him in! 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Which London clubs are going to pip us to players?

Maybe Brentford if players think they have a better chance of promotion but until the last couple of seasons there's no way players would have picked them over us. The other one would be Watford who will pay Premier league money and have a good chance of going straight back up. 

Who else? QPR are a small mid table London club who aren't going to be challenging or paying big money. I can't think of another London club at our level who are more attractive to players. 

No way will Millwall attract players over us. 

4 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Yes in the Premier league, not at this level. 

i deleted this post, i was done with the debate, i wanted to clear room for some actual transfer talk 😅😅😅

Just now, tmcc said:

i deleted this post, i was done with the debate, i wanted to clear room for some actual transfer talk 😅😅😅

You'll need to start supporting another club then, perhaps one in London 🙂

• Haha 1

We are in a lot of bother too be honest with you. A lot of redundancy around the club and not many players around in our wage bracket.  2 x players trying to get out the club also!  Norwich + Forest in straight battle for gibbo also. Times are hard!!

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

@Changing Times Maybe trend is the wrong word to use. I hope I’m wrong but it seems worrying that players are opting to pick other teams over boro so far. With the two most recent examples highlighting this window. But this view is also being reinforced through previous windows since we’ve come down. 

I suppose I’m saying that when an equal opportunity is presented to a player, they rarely pick Boro if another offer is on the table. At least that’s how it feels to me (perm and loan signings combined). 

You are right when I am saying that it is harder to sign players without premier league money, and that’s the whole point of why I’m saying. Without that ability, we seem to struggle to recruit players and targets drift away to other clubs.

The point I was trying to make IS relating it to us, because I am arguing that without the high wage pulling power, we have struggled to get numbers through the door. Unless they are moving up (Browne, Bola or Dijksteele) we are rarely seeing a player move from a championship team to come to Boro.

In our cost cutting with Woodgate, we have had Bola, Browne, Meijas, Nmecha,  Dijksteele, Stoj, Roberts, Morrison and Moukoudi. Whilst I’d say that Roberts and Moukoudi were good signings, I would say that the others were either moving up a division (more money) or when no offers were on the table for them (only option). 

If this is the new era moving forward of having to reduce our wage expenditure, I am saying that it will be harder to recruit players when on a level playing field with other championship teams. 

But worryingly, when we offer good wages in championship terms, players still don’t fancy opting for Boro. 

I was merely questioning the different reasons as to why that is, potentially explaining why we are having a hard time recruiting currently and why we have only seen 1 person through the door at the moment.

8 minutes ago, tmcc said:

Too late now!

1 minute ago, Raf smog said:

We are in a lot of bother too be honest with you. A lot of redundancy around the club and not many players around in our wage bracket.  2 x players trying to get out the club also!  Norwich + Forest in straight battle for gibbo also. Times are hard!!

So how were we able to make a better offer to Moore then?  And how did we sign Hall, who was offered and turned down £12k a week at QPR?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Raf smog said:

Yet we have Marvin Johnson in the media saying the aim is Playoffs minum if not Automatic promotion 🤣🤣. 

4 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

Worrying to read this. I thought last season was our horrific transition year. Stay up (done) and we can balance the books, offload the high earners (we have) and have another go. 

Sounds like it’s going to be just as bad this season. Surely Warnock wouldn’t have stayed if so? 

I would never criticise people for posting the information they receive as that’s the purpose of the thread but the reports so far have been so conflicting I don’t know if any of these sources know what’s going on 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Looks like they are gonna have a really good go this season after just missing out on the play offs.

Losing 4-1 in overtime (og), and Swansea won with 3 clear goals in overtime ..  So *** up .. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)