oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, BatteryAcidTS said:

It's canny annoying that we're not linked with players from Europe. Theres plenty of bargains to be had, we just don't seem to be looking.

we are getting nothing from the usual sources so who knows where we're looking

• Like 1
1 minute ago, estonpidge said:

we are getting nothing from the usual sources so who knows where we're looking

Aye very fair. This is probably a bad example cos he's likely a bit out of our price range, but theres players like Monschein in the Austrian league who've bagged 17 goals and 7 assists, 27 years old and contracts up next year. Maybe I'm being too England-focussed, but you'd think players like that might fancy a go in the Championship, if a team can convince them they're mounting a promotion push.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I'd have Ayala back on lower terms than he was on. Maybe tie a % of his wages in the number of appearances he makes (due to his injury record). 

There has been rumours for the last season or 2 that a player has been actively trying to sue the club. If I recall correctly I'm sure during the season just gone someone on here confirmed it was Ayala?

I posted something I had read in Daily Mail. Martin Samuel column suggested Leeds interest in him had turned his head And was part of reason for his”injury”. He said “As Boro struggled, coach Jonathan Woodgate lost his job. It is fair to say his employers were unimpressed with the player's behaviour and a breach of contract dispute is with the PFA.”. 
That suggests it was Boro taking action though, not Ayala. 

16 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Coulson is 5ft 7".

Wiki is wrong, as far as I know.

Unless he's had a growth spurt since I was last in the stadium, because he's usually the shortest player on the pitch.

Strangely I would have said hes closer to 5ft 10 than 5ft 7, always looked about average

• Like 1
15 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Never mind the transfer news, did @Changing Times just use the emoji response feature? Big news! And what a win that is for @Borodane, makes all this time as a member truly worth it. 

image.png.47347024914afdcebad7ef6605bb1bfe.png

Borodane wasn't actually the first, sorry mate.  I've been handing some out for a few days now.  I'm trying to change my image and make people think I'm nicer than I am, or actually be nicer than I am, whichever is easiest really.  I can't think of any other possible way of doing that so it's emoji time! 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
6 minutes ago, Thor said:

Marcus Maddison wants a lot of money 

Not according to you.

You also said he'd be down from Durham to discuss terms despite the fact he was playing for a non-league side in Peterborough only 3 days ago ,which was after your "scoop' and would indicate he's still living there.

Wind-up merchant.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)