oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

On 8/18/2020 at 4:18 PM, BatteryAcidTS said:

Aye very fair. This is probably a bad example cos he's likely a bit out of our price range, but theres players like Monschein in the Austrian league who've bagged 17 goals and 7 assists, 27 years old and contracts up next year. Maybe I'm being too England-focussed, but you'd think players like that might fancy a go in the Championship, if a team can convince them they're mounting a promotion push.

Speaking of the Austrian league Fountas (Forward) at Rapid Vienna looks a decent player (19 goals in 27 games), but think Rapid would price us out in terms of a fee.

Andreas Gruber (Left Wing) currently a free agent got 12 in 20 for Matterburg.

Dom Frieser (Right Wing) at LASK (8 goals and 4 assists in 30 games) also looks a decent player too.

Edited by DanFromDownSouth
  • Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We could try and trick him by paying him in pennies.  It would look like a lot more money than it's actually worth.  If he's a bit thick it might just work 🤔

Was it Jason McAteer who was alleged to have told a takeaway staff member he wanted his pizza cut into four slices because he couldn't eat eight? Maybe we could offer Maddison ten thousand pence a week to join us, and try to get his signature on the contract before he noticed. Plus, he might never spot the subterfuge, in which case we'd have a bona fide bargain on our hands.

13 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Borodane wasn't actually the first, sorry mate.  I've been handing some out for a few days now.  I'm trying to change my image and make people think I'm nicer than I am, or actually be nicer than I am, whichever is easiest really.  I can't think of any other possible way of doing that so it's emoji time! 👍

I’m sure @SmogDane was the first. He has a big soft spot for the Danes does our CT

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I think they are all taking it from the same source though as opposed to anything else.  It's entirely possible that no bugger knows about it, although as the entire staff of the Gazette post on here apparently, then I suppose they should do.

Interesting theory, personally I think the entire user base is being assimilated one by one and we will all soon be some kind of OneBoro hive mind...

invasion of the body snatchers GIF

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Speaking of the Austrian league Fountas (Forward) at Rapid Vienna looks a decent player (19 goals in 27 games), but think Rapid would price us out in terms of a fee.

Andreas Gruber (Left Wing) currently a free agent got 12 in 20 for Matterburg.

Dom Freiser (Right Wing) at LASK (8 goals and 4 assists in 30 games) also looks a decent player too.

I'd love Gruber, can't see why Mattersburg let him go. I'd imagine Fountas is a bit out of our price range. Theres bargains to be had in leagues like that though.

6 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Was it Jason McAteer who was alleged to have told a takeaway staff member he wanted his pizza cut into four slices because he couldn't eat eight? Maybe we could offer Maddison ten thousand pence a week to join us, and try to get his signature on the contract before he noticed. Plus, he might never spot the subterfuge, in which case we'd have a bona fide bargain on our hands.

I think it was him yeah, it was definitely someone from that era 😀

25 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

I posted something I had read in Daily Mail. Martin Samuel column suggested Leeds interest in him had turned his head And was part of reason for his”injury”. He said “As Boro struggled, coach Jonathan Woodgate lost his job. It is fair to say his employers were unimpressed with the player's behaviour and a breach of contract dispute is with the PFA.”. 
That suggests it was Boro taking action though, not Ayala. 

i remember seeing ayala hurt his ankle. looked pretty damn convincing to me. if he was faking it, should be up for an oscar for that one 😄 

10 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

i remember seeing ayala hurt his ankle. looked pretty damn convincing to me. if he was faking it, should be up for an oscar for that one 😄 

I've no doubt the initial injury was real, but it was meant to see him out for 3 weeks, it happened on the 1st of January, he was still "injured" in late June.

• Like 2
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

The injury was meant to see him out for 3 weeks, it happened on the 1st of January, he was still "injured" in late June.

It also happens to him basically every January like clockwork. And multiple times now, across different managers, our medical staff have been unable to find anything wrong with his ankle when he claims it's hurting.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)