oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

12 minutes ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

Is Williams a defensive midfielder, because he doesn't seem to score or assist very often?

Read a bit about him from a wigan perspective a few days ago - apparently he was okay in the holding role for them but really impressed when someone else took that holding role (can't remember who) and Williams was able to be more box to box which is how he sees himself. 

Which will leave me very disappointed if we are intending to play him alongside a combination of saville, mcnair and howson because thats what we already have. But I'm giving warnock the benefit of the doubt for now that he's going to move one or two of our midfielders on and replace them with better. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

What like.  And dont say warnock signing a new deal because that was a given 

SDS kept us pretty much up to speed with the step to step signing of Dijksteel.

I dont recall which poster said we and Brentford were after a blackpool defender. That turned out to be Bola.

Think it was @diggerlad07 who told us Boro had followed Maddison for sometime but there were serious reservation about his attitude. Again these are just ones i recall of top of my head.

1 minute ago, Mfcdanny said:

Do you know most people on here like? 

Probably not most. But I do know a lot of them in person and I know most of the guys on here from a online perspective. 
Ans most people on here know when I’m being sarcastic 😉

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Read a bit about him from a wigan perspective a few days ago - apparently he was okay in the holding role for them but really impressed when someone else took that holding role (can't remember who) and Williams was able to be more box to box which is how he sees himself. 

Which will leave me very disappointed if we are intending to play him alongside a combination of saville, mcnair and howson because thats what we already have. But I'm giving warnock the benefit of the doubt for now that he's going to move one or two of our midfielders on and replace them with better. 

Yeah we have a lot of low scoring, box to box midfielders. I'm not sure we need another one. 

Regarding Williams being a box to box midfielder. I am unsure myself so hoping someone can assist. Does Warnock play with a classical defensive midfielder or are his midfielders ALL box to box midfielders who do both sides of game well? Like your Howsos, Paddy Savilles? I dont recall his former sides having a properly defined defensive midfielder but could be wrong?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Yeah we have a lot of low scoring, box to box midfielders. I'm not sure we need another one. 

I definitely think he's different to what we have, a lot more desire to win the ball than our midfield I'd say. More Leadbitter than Clayton imo but definitely more mobile than Grant

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

I’m not an ITK regular. I do have a link to someone with inside info. 

i posted some info about Gibson situation when he left last time. There was a lot behind the scenes to do with Bens dad and Steve. Family issues - Ben was very torn about leaving. 

I went to school with Ben - I was a couple of years above him though.

I anoint you as being ITK. Congratulations 👏👏👏 

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)