oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

dont worry lads, the only payers moving now are the crap ones and the free transfers. the real players dont move until lter in the window. because they are sought after and wait for longer to get a better deal. all these guys would imo likely have been squad fillers in the team not actual star players. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Just now, FamilyBoro said:

It really depends on what position Williams was coming here to play, if it was DM then it could be we are closer with Stewart or Glazer than we know about...if it was more as a box-to-box cm then it looks like another target we have missed out rightly or wrongly. 

I did consider this, but I feel like we must have been pushing for Williams if the Gazette are releasing their own article saying we are, rather than their usual copy and paste from other papers.

Just now, Dynamo Kev said:

dont worry lads, the only payers moving now are the crap ones and the free transfers. the real players dont move until lter in the window. because they are sought after and wait for longer to get a better deal. all these guys would imo likely have been squad fillers in the team not actual star players. 

Okay tony

29 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Are people going to stop defending the club now and start asking the questions that we deservedly need answers to? This is getting humiliating. Warnock is identifying the targets and the club is messing every single deal up. If this was in any other organisation there would be dismissals being handed out left, right and centre. This is gross mismanagement. 

What are the club doing wrong in these negotiations? Please enlighten us? You seem to know how we "mess every single deal up". Every window you complain that we miss out on targets as if the players don't have a say in where they want to live and the club should always cave in and pay whatever is demanded. Is it really so hard to grasp that a footballer might be more attracted to playing for Bristol than Boro? 

The highlighted paragraph is exactly why we are in this mess after taking your road three years ago. Cave into all demands and overbid any competitor

• Like 9
5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I did consider this, but I feel like we must have been pushing for Williams if the Gazette are releasing their own article saying we are, rather than their usual copy and paste from other papers.

Maybe a potential buyer pulled out of a deal for one of our midfielders. Or maybe it was just Bristol paying more than us. The latter seems highly likely plus the fact that they didn't just come out of a relegation scrap and that is something Williams really wants to avoid doing again next season.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Maybe they have run out of ink, happens to me all the time with my printer😑

Come on DS - this is the interwebz age.

Obviously the cleaner accidentally pulled the network cable out of the office server while they were hoovering.

2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

It’s not sarcasm, my friend, I really think that if we don’t get any more players in, the club will survive. 

My thoughts exactly and have already alluded to that previously.

We will see this term just what Warnock will bring to the club, starting with our first home win of 2020 against Shrewsbury!

There's still players out there for us like Stewart and this new link Maghoma seems like he could be a canny pick up. If we can fill the DM and CB spot with 2 frees that leaves us more money for the front end of the pitch I'm not worried yet.

We were apparently in for Korey Smith on a free as well the fact we switched up to looking at a 1.5-1.9 million deal for Williams suggests there might actually be more money in the budget than we thought to be honest. 

If we haven't got more bodies in by early September I'll be the first one doing laps with an airhorn wondering WTF is going on but right now there's still alot out there and we don't seem to be tunnelling.

11 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

@Blanco

I need some positive vibes, help me out, lad! 😉 

All those players who allegedly turned us down were bum steers. We are re-uniting Messi and Neymar next week at Rockliffe but shhhssshhhh don’t tell anyone. Wait to see the delight on their faces. Actually scratch that..... there are some on here who would find fault in us signing them two 🙄

3 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

It’s not sarcasm, my friend, I really think that if we don’t get any more players in, the club will survive. 

I feel fairly confident Warnock could still guide us to a comfortable lower mid-table position with the squad we have...but at the same time it is a worry that we are struggling to recruit. I mean its never easy, but lately it seems even tougher than usual.

I guess thats the combination of our relegation scrap last season, the lack of money and the fact Boro isn't exactly top of most players' "would like to play for" lists.

I guess we really are relying on Warnock's contacts and his ability to persuade players he's worked with previously, that we are worth signing for.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)