oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Brunners said:

27 league games in a 46 game season means he missed 40% of their league games.

The season before, also 27 in 46.

The season before that, he only managed 17. 

He doesn't appear to be a player that you're going to get a full season out of, ever.

Just to play devils advocate in the 17/18 season he had to compete with Irvine, Larsson, Meyler, Henrikson and Jon Toral for a starting midfield spot. Larsson, Henrikson and Meyler were definitely above him in the pecking order and to a lesser extent Toral and Irvine were above him too. He was only in the match day squad 24 times that season.

For the 18/19 season he was in the Hull match day squad 42 times out of 46.

Then for the 19/20 season I believe he has had 1 injury all season. The first 18 games of this season he was in the squad (twice on the bench, 16 games starting). He then broke his metatarsal (I think). 

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Just to play devils advocate in the 17/18 season he had to compete with Irvine, Larsson, Meyler, Henrikson and Jon Toral for a starting midfield spot. Larsson, Henrikson and Meyler were definitely above him in the pecking order and to a lesser extent Toral and Irvine were above him too. He was only in the match day squad 24 times that season.

For the 18/19 season he was in the Hull match day squad 42 times out of 46.

Then for the 19/20 season I believe he has had 1 injury all season. The first 18 games of this season he was in the squad (twice on the bench, 16 games starting). He then broke his metatarsal (I think). 

Fair enough, I stand corrected then 🙂

• Like 1

I’d rather we keep Fry to be honest and move on from Gibson. It’s just too risky to be holding out for it all to come together, we did that last window. 
I do have some faith that Warnock will sort us out behind the scenes. Already brought in his analyst and he’ll be extremely frustrated with how things going so far. But what on Earth was Pulis paid to do?! 
I always thought Bausor was the boo boy and probably not deserved but from what @Lurker has said he actually *is* useless! Any movement on a possible DoF approach moving forward or Bausor getting pushed out?! 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Fair enough, I stand corrected then 🙂

I mean it's not to say he won't get injured if we did sign him. But I don't think he's as injured as much as people think. 

From what I can tell he's only had 2 publicised injuries. A hernia whilst he was at Liverpool and a broken metatarsal at Hull this season.

Edit: And a knee injury when he was on loan at Swindon.

Edited by DanFromDownSouth
  • Like 1

am I right in thining we can sign Ben Gibson and pay him next to nothing in wages, but that 'uncle steve' can sort him out privately ouside the official club finances? just thinking in terms of getting round FFP

Gibbo expected at Norwich for talks tomorrow and Nottingham Monday both permanent signings.  As mentioned last week currently nothing on incomings Williams we couldn’t agree fee with Wigan Stewart has been to rockcliffe twice but has other options. Mass redundancies in club will be announced end of next week. 

• Sad 4
1 minute ago, Raf smog said:

Gibbo expected at Norwich for talks tomorrow and Nottingham Monday both permanent signings.  As mentioned last week currently nothing on incomings Williams we couldn’t agree fee with Wigan Stewart has been to rockcliffe twice but has other options. Mass redundancies in club will be announced end of next week. 

Has he given up on a move to Boro then do you think?

Just now, edinboro said:

Norwich can talk to Burnley all they like. If he really only wants to come here then they're wasting their time.

If he's actually going to Norwich and Forest to talk to them then he is certainly exploring his options. I still don't buy that he is only willing to come here and play to the wages that we can seemingly offer. I've always thought that it's going to be Burnley or a club willing to meet their demands.

10 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

am I right in thinking we can sign Ben Gibson and pay him next to nothing in wages, but that 'uncle steve' can sort him out privately outside the official club finances? just thinking in terms of getting round FFP

You'd probably have a hard time running that past a tax inspector with regard to Ben's wages.

• Like 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)