oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

5 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

We aren't going to be immune from the economic consequences of Covid and lack of parachute payments. Arsenal have just made 50 redundant as well, whilst adding to an already generous contract for Aubemyang. It is sad what is happening but we are not alone in being in this situation. 

Of course we're not but then the economic consequences of COVID are not the only reason we've made people redundant. It literally started happening last year.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Now I've heard everything.

The reason we're in a mess is because karanka wanted an expert in place in each role at the club. Then pulis rides in on his stead and saves us by saying we need to fire a load of people because we can get that fella over there to do his job for the same wages he's currently on. Who cares what that does to his workload and the quality of the output. 

Its absolute rubbish and deflection to the highest degree. The problem isn't the 50 odd k you might shave off the annual expenses by firing a couple of analysts, its the millions wasted on terrible signings over the years, particularly since karanka left. I guess its symptomatic of this country in general - who needs experts?

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2
Just now, Neverbefore said:

The reason we're in a mess is because karanka wanted an expert in place in each role at the club. Then pulis rides in on his stead and saves us by saying we need to fire a load of people because we can get that fella over there to do his job for the same wages he's currently on. Who cares what that does to his workload and the quality of the output. 

Its absolute rubbish and deflection to the highest degree. The problem isn't the 50 odd k you might shave off the annual expenses by firing a couple of analysts, its the millions wasted on terrible signings over the years, particularly since karanka left. I guess its symptomatic of this country in general - who needs experts?

Absolutely spot on, NB4.

9 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Of course we're not but then the economic consequences of COVID are not the only reason we've made people redundant. It literally started happening last year.

Maybe so, but the issue that was being talked about a couple of pages ago was the current round of redundancies, wasn’t it?  I guess the ones last year were after we failed to get back to Premier League - did we keep too many staff on, in hope we would have a good season and get promotion, then had to accept reality. 
all kinds of businesses, both well run and poorly run, are having to restructure currently. Boro are no different.

24 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Don't forget the seasonally regression

The eternal optimists won't have a realist word said about the club is the problem, was the same last season when saying we wouldn't finish play offs brought on the bed wetter chants 

As it stands it's pretty likely Warnock won't finish the season with us 

Pretty likely?

Based on what exactly?

14 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I seem to remember most of AK's backroom staff inc analysts etc leaving after AK or relegation. We then had our own version of Brexit before we went Little Britain. 

26 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I was expecting a massive transfer window and finally Gibson investing in the football club! But he's trying to cut costs yet again so will be another horrific grind of a season to look forward. 

I think it goes so much deeper than that, our recruitment issues go so far beyond Bausor's ability to close a deal

Said it before and ill say it again. Bouncing around from manager to manager, each with their own philosophy directly contradicting their predecessor is half the problem.

Not backing Karanka in the January window. Sacking Karanka and then replacing him with Agnew and then appointing Monk who clearly new nothing of the squad he inherited was the commencement of this monumental mess. Gibson solely to blame.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I agree, but parachute payments dropped then. We still had Ayala, Gestede etc to pay. This year we have Britt and Howson on mega money. Like I said it's sad. We are paying for the 2017 Monk splurge, some of that is Gibson and Bauser fault but I don't remember too many people complaining at the time. We might not be remotely near where any of us want to be as a club but overspending on wages or deals now for players will only lead to more redundancies down the line. 

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)