oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Blanco said:

Well name the English snakes then

How about the 5 best players we've ever had?  How may of those would be foreign in most people's lists?

Cherry picking 5 players you call treasonous - not convinced by Ayala, Braithwaite or even Valdes mind - is hardly damning evidence.  Neither would be picking 5 terrible foreign players out of however many have played for us. 

Lee Dong Gook being awful doesn't impact on Viduka.  Valdes apparently being a traitor doesn't impact on Schwarzer.

Maybe we shouldn't sign knobs regardless of nationality.

• Like 3
Just now, macapes said:

How about the 5 best players we've ever had?  How may of those would be foreign in most people's lists?

Cherry picking 5 players you call treasonous - not convinced by Ayala, Braithwaite or even Valdes mind - is hardly damning evidence.  Neither would be picking 5 terrible foreign players out of however many have played for us. 

Lee Dong Gook being awful doesn't impact on Viduka.  Valdes apparently being a traitor doesn't impact on Schwarzer.

Now you’re getting there. It shouldn’t matter a damn where they come from but if they are local or English Boro fans for some reason have a gripe with it

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, macapes said:

I cannot see how you can criticise Ramirez but just give Braithwaite a free pass.

Braithwaite did it 4 times, and never achieved anything with us.

At least Ramirez was instrumental in promotion before a dodgy 6 months.

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Think it's more a worrying that teams struggle to be successful with a lot of British players. 

Though Sheffield United are a welcome exception. 

I wouldn't say it's worrying.  The best resourced teams will tend to be able to sign the best players wherever they are from.  The same thing applies at our level, possibly to a lesser extent, but essentially the same thing.  We signed two from abroad last season so it's clearly not a case of us ignoring that area.  I never thought I'd see the day when Boro were being criticised for not signing 'enough' foreign players mind.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Unelected European bureaucrats trying to take over the dressing room

Luckily we had the perfect British replacement lined up in Gary Gill to step up and take all of that control back *Downs a shot a vodka and starts rambling about the shape of bananas* 💪🇬🇧 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Well name the English snakes then

Merson...Bamford....Cyril Knowles....Danny Mills   and anyone else whoever left us for Newcastle or Sunderland  (except Cloughie and little Stan)

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I cannot see how you can criticise Ramirez but just give Braithwaite a free pass.

Braithwaite did it 4 times, and never achieved anything with us.

At least Ramirez was instrumental in promotion before a dodgy 6 months.

I didn't make the list, I just didn't argue with Ramirez.  Braithwaite I put the blame on Pulis.  But that's a different conversation that we've all already had.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Now you’re getting there. It shouldn’t matter a damn where they come from but if they are local or English Boro fans for some reason have a gripe with it

Getting where? You made a list of five foreigners you didn't like. I merely pointed out that stating there were no English players in there was a bit redundant.  I've never argued for or against foreign players vs English ones.

1 minute ago, p_mards said:

Luckily we had the perfect British replacement lined up in Gary Gill to step up and take all of that control back *Downs a shot a vodka and starts rambling about the shape of bananas* 💪🇬🇧 

"I don't care who they are Neil and whether they can judge a player but they must be previously associated with the club, British and called proper names like Gary or Ian"

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)