oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

There is a lot of doom and gloom at the moment at us not signing players. What's making it worse for people is that we are missing out on all our so called targets and it is making people even more miserable.

Well for me, i am not bothered at all about any of the so called targets we have missed out on. Almost every one of them are from lower league clubs and on the cheap, non of them are exiting or even proven in this league. 

I am not the slightest bit bothered if we don't sign any of them. I am hoping this is just a big smokescreen for better more exiting signings to come, all the players mentioned up to new are no better than what we have, or may be even worse.

We are looking at buying players for £750k, would you let any of our players go for that amount or anywhere near it. No you probably wouldn't, all our senior players and especially our young talents are worth much more than that.

We might as well wait until the transfer window is nearly closed and look for some last minute bargains where you might be able to pick up genuine quality bargains if you are prepared to pay decent wages. I don't want a squad full of league 1 and 2 players like we are looking to sign now, if that's the case i would rather we stuck with what we already have.

I am sure things will come good in the next month or two and we will get some quality through the door. We are going to need it with our tough start to the season.

• Like 8
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Am I the only one that doesn't really care that we've missed out on a 40k-a-week championship 10 goal striker, a 25 year old league 2 CB that's never done anything and a midfielder from Wigan that seems very overpriced in todays world?

I know we're desperate for players but I'm happy we're not *** cash up the wall anymore.

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, Z3man said:

There is a lot of doom and gloom at the moment at us not signing players. What's making it worse for people is that we are missing out on all our so called targets and it is making people even more miserable.

Well for me, i am not bothered at all about any of the so called targets we have missed out on. Almost every one of them are from lower league clubs and on the cheap, non of them are exiting or even proven in this league. 

I am not the slightest bit bothered if we don't sign any of them. I am hoping this is just a big smokescreen for better more exiting signings to come, all the players mentioned up to new are no better than what we have, or may be even worse.

We are looking at buying players for £750k, would you let any of our players go for that amount or anywhere near it. No you probably wouldn't, all our senior players and especially our young talents are worth much more than that.

We might as well wait until the transfer window is nearly closed and look for some last minute bargains where you might be able to pick up genuine quality bargains if you are prepared to pay decent wages. I don't want a squad full of league 1 and 2 players like we are looking to sign now, if that's the case i would rather we stuck with what we already have.

I am sure things will come good in the next month or two and we will get some quality through the door. We are going to need it with our tough start to the season.

A well considered post Z3.

I console myself in that most other clubs will be in the same boat as us and that we at least have a team to speak of and that we will be playing football once again

Just now, mendieta420 said:

Am I the only one that doesn't really care that we've missed out on a 40k-a-week championship 10 goal striker, a 25 year old league 2 CB that's never done anything and a midfielder from Wigan that seems very overpriced in todays world?

I know we're desperate for players but I'm happy we're not *** cash up the wall anymore.

Agree with you and hey  really think we will see better returns from both Britt and Fletcher this season.

Just need more contributions from elsewhere

I guess it all comes down to what these players were being brought in as.....

As Z3 says.... we wouldn’t (certainly shouldn’t) sell any of our players for 750k.  So are they coming in as squad players?  

What we need is some more cover.  If we could sign a good CB and 2 creative forward thinking midfielders then I’d be pleased.  

4 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Personally I am not that concerned but it highlights three issues for me.

The quality of player we are after isn't great 

We don't seem to be addressing our actual needs

Despite this we still can't get them to the club.

It seems we have about 3m to spend this summer on players not named Gibson. 

I actually think that Ben Gibson signing for another team would be a blessing in disguise for us. Firstly Burnley can pay us back what they owe for him. Which we can use in buying another CB on lower wages than Ben. 

I don't get the sentiment towards Ben to be honest OK he was part of a great defensive pairing. But has done nothing for the last two years, whether that's his fault or not. His fitness will be questionable. He will not be the same player we had 3 or 4 years ago IMHO. 

I'm not too worried yet as a time goes by the hierarchy will be starting to get twitchy and maybe the purse strings may get loosened to get deals over the line. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I actually think that Ben Gibson signing for another team would be a blessing in disguise for us. Firstly Burnley can pay us back what they owe for him. Which we can use in buying another CB on lower wages than Ben. 

I don't get the sentiment towards Ben to be honest OK he was part of a great defensive pairing. But has done nothing for the last two years, whether that's his fault or not. His fitness will be questionable. He will not be the same player we had 3 or 4 years ago IMHO. 

I'm not too worried yet as a time goes by the hierarchy will be starting to get twitchy and maybe the purse strings may get loosened to get deals over the line. 

The issue with Gibson going early is that unless a club comes in and makes a big offer the Burnley chairman will wait it out.  He’s notorious for that

Dunno why Gibbo gets loads of hate, people saying he hasn't played for 2 years but it's not as if he's been constantly injured, or won't be the same player he was a couple of years ago, he's entering his prime as a footballer and anything near £5m would be a steal. Just my opinion but we'd have two solid CBs that would get into most teams in the league.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

The issue with Gibson going early is that unless a club comes in and makes a big offer the Burnley chairman will wait it out.  He’s notorious for that

Thought it was done? 

• Confused 1
4 minutes ago, BoroJoey said:

Dunno why Gibbo gets loads of hate, people saying he hasn't played for 2 years but it's not as if he's been constantly injured, or won't be the same player he was a couple of years ago, he's entering his prime as a footballer and anything near £5m would be a steal. Just my opinion but we'd have two solid CBs that would get into most teams in the league.

It's not hate, I don't hate Ben Gibson. I would be happy if he came back but what I am saying is I'm not bothered if he did go elsewhere. Atleast it would put an end to the saga for a few years atleast. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BoroJoey said:

I don't think its hate, its just the hard cold reality of the situation and the risks involved. How often and how many other players have sat around for two years doing nothing for whatever reason and come back to their previous levels. 

27 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

I'm not bothered specifically about the players that we've lost out on. It's that we're waisting time on them. 

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)