oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

11 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

For some reason I'm now picturing you like this...

image.thumb.png.618f0c094ffcd4fa413c3706964d1fae.png

ah...just before he starts sing "Mings ain't what he used to be"

• Haha 1

Izzy Brown made 25 appearances for Luton scoring 1 goal. I can guarantee if that was his record at our club last season people will be criticising him to the high heavens.

To put his record in to context our new CB made more appearances and scored more goals than him last season and some on here already made they feelings clearer on what they think of Grant Halls appearance record. 

He has literally done nothing at this level since his Huddersfield loan 3yrs ago due to injury and form.

The fact people are suggesting they would take him is simply a sign of some our fans sheer desperation to just make a signing for the sake of it......to probably then whinge in 12 months of another poor signing. There is nothing to suggest he would be a good signing based on what he done last few seasons

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Perfectly illustrates how insane the game has become.

Players no longer satisfied with just earning a good wage...they have to have all manner of bonuses thrown in. Performance bonuses, fair enough (if you do really well, you deserve a bit extra)...but there is often so much extra nonsense.

I mean seriously...a fee just for putting your name to a contract...WTF?

In this example, the transfer fee, wages & agent's fee look reasonable enough, but we've all heard about the grotesquely inflated figures for top players.

The signing on fee and especially the image rights are to do with tax "management".  The image rights example no longer works - see Glasgow Rangers court case.  Image rights are probably relevant for players like Messi and Ronaldo, but how much would Grant Hall make from it for instance...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Hes achieved some kind of messiah status here some how! People seem to think hes above making mistakes or failing.

Yet you were very pro Woodgate last summer. 

2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Yet you were very pro Woodgate last summer. 

Actually if you read back I was very pro giving him a chance because there was no previous data to go on and I hoped he would be successful, but I never wanted him as manager. Right up until he signed the contract I wanted hughton or jokanovic but when he signed i got behind him because there was a chance he could have been the type of manager I hoped he'd be.

Warnock, I know what type of manager and what type of man he is and both will lead me to criticise him quicker. I think everyone has those biases to and against certain managers and staff and I wouldn't claim to be bias free, its just my opinion. 

• Like 1

In the u23 pics of todays match theres a black centreback? Is it Maghoma?

One of them is Levi Amanatchi. Got released from Chesterfield, spent last season on loan at Blyth Spartans. 

12 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

In the u23 pics of todays match theres a black centreback? Is it Maghoma?

It looks vaguely like him, but shorter hair and a thicker beard.DSC_0031_7.jpeg.810b9f0d5ce6c13d9f5c8ea61a090986.jpeg

Christian_Maghoma.jpg.74a21ff7b8df7821358d0fa25da72c06.jpg

Edited by TeaCider24

We are cutting costs to the point the under 23 are wearing last season's kit and not the new one 🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

We are cutting costs to the point the under 23 are wearing last season's kit and not the new one 🤣

Think they've been doing that for a while TBF.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

For some reason I'm now picturing you like this...

image.thumb.png.618f0c094ffcd4fa413c3706964d1fae.png

Whoa there...  an infringement of my image rights

• Haha 2