oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

2 hours ago, Will said:

I could be remembering wrong but wasn't there something about Image rights with Tuncay? Either before he joined or after he left.

After he left he took us to court I think.

42 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It looks vaguely like him, but shorter hair and a thicker beard.DSC_0031_7.jpeg.810b9f0d5ce6c13d9f5c8ea61a090986.jpeg

Christian_Maghoma.jpg.74a21ff7b8df7821358d0fa25da72c06.jpg

I can't see any tattoos on his left arm in the top picture.

Edit: The picture resolution could be a reason?

1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

i got behind him because there was a chance he could have been the type of manager I hoped he'd be.

Let's hope you're as right about Warnock as you were Woodgate 🤭

• Haha 1

It certainly is looking at another poor transfer window but we need to get signings right and not panic buy. We need a system a style of play and we need to bring in players that suits our method. The way it’s going it’s going to be an awful long season, AGAIN!

lodz-poland-09-21-2019-260nw-1513867118.

Definitely a similar build and size to Maghoma decent possibility it's him getting a work out, the other 2-3 lads I can't match their faces to PL2 releases chances are they're from lower down the divisions.

On our U23 releases I think Nathan Dale might have a trial lined up at Sunderland and Joe Fryer unfortunately picked a groin niggle up on his trial at Carlisle but we offered to do his rehab for him and the Carlisle boss is saying he'll give him another chance if he can get ready for action soon.

• Like 2

So possibly the guy we trying to get over the line is maghoma, or could we possibly even dare to think 2 tommorrow mag and Stewart 🙂

2 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

So possibly the guy we trying to get over the line is maghoma, or could we possibly even dare to think 2 tommorrow mag and Stewart 🙂

I imagine if he's playing for the u23s then it's a given that we'll sign him if the club fancy it.

Curious to know as I’ve not kept up with the news, but have we made any changes to our transfers or scouting personnel? If we are staying as we are then I fear our future. Warnock has been pretty jovial so far but if he doesn’t get what he wants I can see that smile wiped of his face a couple of games in. I hope the wheels are welded on properly because the first two games are against relegated Premiership clubs. 

1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

Curious to know as I’ve not kept up with the news, but have we made any changes to our transfers or scouting personnel? If we are staying as we are then I fear our future. Warnock has been pretty jovial so far but if he doesn’t get what he wants I can see that smile wiped of his face a couple of games in. I hope the wheels are welded on properly because the first two games are against relegated Premiership clubs. 

Warnocks interviews his wanted players have gone down by 2 each time basically so would think no big changes atm 

I'm sure after sheff wed it was 7-8 new faces, 5-6 when the window opened, 3-4 the gazette said the other day and then today Warnock said we'll "hopefully get a couple of new signings and then we'll be ready"

2 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

We hired a new recruitment analyst in April and he seems to be working very closely with NW.

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

It looks vaguely like him, but shorter hair and a thicker beard.DSC_0031_7.jpeg.810b9f0d5ce6c13d9f5c8ea61a090986.jpeg

Christian_Maghoma.jpg.74a21ff7b8df7821358d0fa25da72c06.jpg

Sorry, what's his first name and what position does he play?

7 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Does anyone know anything about this Maghoma

I keep reading he impressed in Poland but only thing I know is his team got relegated last season 

Asked a Spurs supporting mate and he’s not heard anything about him. Only 39 appearances across 2 seasons which isn’t great, 7 yellows in 20 appearances this season.