oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Just received message saying player who visited rockcliffe today left today to speak to another other club.

Asked if that means the deal is off and was informed that he's got another offer on the table and he wants to speak to them before deciding. 

Why can't we close out deals when players visit rockcliffe? Free agents are also turning us down, it's starting to become a little ridiculous 

Cant you tell tell us his name? 

3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Just received message saying player who visited rockcliffe today left today to speak to another other club.

Asked if that means the deal is off and was informed that he's got another offer on the table and he wants to speak to them before deciding. 

Why can't we close out deals when players visit rockcliffe? Free agents are also turning us down, it's starting to become a little ridiculous 

When players come to Rockliffe they should be sold on joining us. Should not be even thinking of looking at other options they should be telling their agent I'm signing for the Boro. So definitely is something going wrong at rockliffe. We must be offering proper low wages most likely.

Just now, Mfcdanny said:

Cant you tell tell us his name? 

Kevin Stewart. 

Deals not dead, but we had hoped to have him with the team before travelling down to Cornwall next week. That might not happen now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Because he has other offers. You just said so! If you had two job offers on hand would you reject one of them out of hand or give them both a chance before deciding?

• Like 1

Just now, DurhamRed said:

When players come to Rockliffe they should be sold on joining us. Should not be even thinking of looking at other options they should be telling their agent I'm signing for the Boro. So definitely is something going wrong at rockliffe. 

Why should they?  They'd be bloody daft if they weren't considering other options with the amount of money in the game.

Just now, Borodane said:

Because he has other offers. You just said so! If you had two job offers on hand would you reject one of them out of hand or give them both a chance before deciding?

This was the 2nd time him and his agents have visited Rockcliffe so would of thought that would of meant a deal was close.

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

***'s sake.

The club is useless.

Yeah it’s bonkers. Imagine a world where employees look at various job offers on the table. We need to tell other clubs not to bid for the same players and to make sure we get the player we need to hold a gun to his head. We have a divine right to get the players over other clubs. 

We need to be giving them more of a experience when they come I think. Get them to have a go on golf course 😂. Take them on a tour of local area or something. Show them what it will be like living here day to day sort of thing. 

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

This was the 2nd time him and his agents have visited Rockcliffe so would of thought that would of meant a deal was close.

It’s hardly surprising that his agent has tried hard to get other offers for his client and has probably informed every championship club that Stewart has an offer on the table so if they want him they need to act fast. And then one club has taken the bait. He would be a poor agent if he didn’t try hard to get multiple offers. We probably did try to push him by bidding for Williams. 

4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Yeah it’s bonkers. Imagine a world where employees look at various job offers on the table. We need to tell other clubs not to bid for the same players and to make sure we get the player we need to hold a gun to his head. We have a divine right to get the players over other clubs. 

I'm criticising the club for continuously failing to sign players, not the players for not signing.

They've been shocking at it for years.

4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

It’s hardly surprising that his agent has tried hard to get other offers for his client and has probably informed every championship club that Stewart has an offer on the table so if they want him they need to act fast. And then one club has taken the bait. He would be a poor agent if he didn’t try hard to get multiple offers. We probably did try to push him by bidding for Williams. 

Yeah it's annoying but if he was up here and his agent got another offer, I'd go hear them out as well. 

15 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Kevin Stewart. 

Deals not dead, but we had hoped to have him with the team before travelling down to Cornwall next week. That might not happen now.

Ahh Kevin Stewart. I won’t be losing any sleep if this falls through. 😂