oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

18 minutes ago, MFC Heisenberg said:

Not sure if he actually tested positive for covid, but Fry showed symptoms when returning to Rockliffe so is now self isolating 

Would make sense if true, but that's surely something the club should announce.

Amateurish communication yet again, if that is the case for Fry's absence.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Snowblind said:

Can we also point out that Klopp is a massive fan of Stewart? He didn't want to lose Stewart in the Robertson deal, but there was no other way to get it completed. 

Just googled to find the quote I wanted; this comes after an EFL Cup win against Spurs:

"He was very important. I have said a few times, he’s the best challenger in the squad. One-on-one he is really ugly to play against. He’s a good footballer, good player and he had a good game. Very good.”

In a *** poor Hull side, his stats for tackles, interceptions, and breaking up play are quite remarkable. Guessing the people who are against Stewart are also those who couldn't see the virtues of Adam Clayton in the Karanka system because he didn't score enough goals. 

Our lass is a Red, so I watch loads of Liverpool on tv, Stewart always looked a good player, just a little short of the level required for their work1st team.

Edited by estonpidge
  • Like 2
21 minutes ago, MFC Heisenberg said:

Not sure if he actually tested positive for covid, but Fry showed symptoms when returning to Rockliffe so is now self isolating 

so not just being forced out by warnock and gibson so with can get ben back then. 😄 

I mean according to Neil Harris we outbid QPR/Stoke/Cardiff/Forest on a wage package for Kieffer Moore I really don't buy the argument we're a club spiralling nowhere with no pot to *ss in.

If we start fielding Trialist A-G from every corner of Europe like the dark days of Mogga let me know but from everyone we've been in for we are challenging for the best available players in/around our division and it is true that utility/fringe players can always be stocked late in the window through loans the key now is getting in the 4-5 key players brought in for Warnock to work with before we kick off.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

I can.

Go on then? Because this idea that it's all down to the incompetence of Bausor is mad

A club or business is in the image of its owner and if one individual kept just letting the organisation down then they'd simply be moved aside, the only way they wouldn't be is if this caused by an ideal of the owner

21 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

I can’t understand why we are such an unattractive club. The stadium is fine. The training facilities rank up there with the best. The manager has a proven track record in this division.

OK, so Linny Road  May not be inspiring as a place of residence. Harrogate, York, Durham are all commutable. You only have to set foot into Boro to play !

Last season was a disaster- but we haven’t had as bad a season in decades.

Come on, Boro get your act together- there are positives to promote

Alright Jeff Stelling. 😂

4 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Go on then? Because this idea that it's all down to the incompetence of Bausor is mad

A club or business is in the image of its owner and if one individual kept just letting the organisation down then they'd simply be moved aside, the only way they wouldn't be is if this caused by an ideal of the owner

Neil Bausor doesn't know what he is doing. It's that simple. Who knows why SG won't remove him, probably because they're pals, but it doesn't stop it being the case.

• Like 1

Listen, no one wants Bamba. I think we've made that clear. And yes, he's barely played. I doubt Warnock wants him, more that it's the media putting together 2+2 and making 56 - but if he does, then it's Warnock's call, and he has to live by it. 

My initial point to you @LewisBoroPalfreywasn't about Bamba, it was about Stewart. So many on here who have said "I've only seen him play against Boro" and "targeting players like Stewart show how far we've fallen" just point to them being daft and basing their view off reputation and Football Manager rather than genuinely having seen them play football.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Neil Bausor doesn't know what he is doing. It's that simple. Who knows why SG won't remove him, probably because they're pals, but it doesn't stop it being the case.

It just sounds utter madness, he's been here since 2007 and our inability to get deals over the line has only been a real issue the last 3-4 years. Something must have changed

Yes we have made bad signings previously, lots of them but this is something completely different

23 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I mean according to Neil Harris we outbid QPR/Stoke/Cardiff/Forest on a wage package for Kieffer Moore I really don't buy the argument we're a club spiralling nowhere with no pot to *ss in.

If we start fielding Trialist A-G from every corner of Europe like the dark days of Mogga let me know but from everyone we've been in for we are challenging for the best available players in/around our division and it is true that utility/fringe players can always be stocked late in the window through loans the key now is getting in the 4-5 key players brought in for Warnock to work with before we kick off.

Ironically that transfer period under mowbray has been one of our best in recent history.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

It just sounds utter madness, he's been here since 2007 and our inability to get deals over the line has only been a real issue the last 3-4 years. Something must have changed

Yes we have made bad signings previously, lots of them but this is something completely different

From what I know, our problems date back a lot longer than the last few years.

If you’re a footballer why on earth would you move to Boro to play under Pulis, Woodgate or Warnock? Pulis and Warnock aren’t attractive managers to the majority of players and Woodgate was untested. But again, would the excitement of playing for Woodgate be enough to turn your head? I doubt it. 

Karanka brought good players in due to his connections and stature in the game whilst also being helped by Kenyon and Mendes and Mourinho. We could also offer them higher wages / agent fees. Those days are gone now with our cost cutting and reluctance to haggle with Agents. As a result,  we are struggling to get deals over the line. 

• Like 6
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)