oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Back onto transfer news...

I was told earlier in the week we were hopeful of having a midfielder sign on Friday.

I had assumed it was the lad who went to Bristol City, but looking at it was fella from Hull.

He hasnt signed. Maybe the facilities are putting the players off.

I think he got an offer from one of the Welsh clubs so is mulling over his options. Hopefully Warnock sways him, think he'd be a good pickup.

• Like 1

Surely it's more likely to be the club's philosophy and plans that's putting players off?

A manager on a 1 year deal; who's to say they won't have to just upend their family's life after 1 season if the next guy doesn't fancy them? We've been on a consecutive downward spiral since relegation from the Premiership - we're no longer seen as promotion hopefuls elsewhere in the league. Clubs like QPR are at a similar level, but offer a life in London. We're not the attractive prospect we were.

It's going to take something huge to change that. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be trying for the best players we can afford and identify. Enough stuff at the wall and all that.

Edited by Snowblind
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Surely it's more likely to be the club's philosophy and plans that's putting players off?

A manager on a 1 year deal; who's to say they won't have to just upend their families life after 1 season if the next guy doesn't fancy them? We've been on a consecutive downward spiral since relegation from the Premiership - were no longer seen as promotion hopefuls elsewhere in the league. Clubs like QPR are at a similar level, but offer a life in London. We're not the attractive prospect we were.

It's going to take something huge to change that. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't be trying for the best players we can afford and identify. Enough stuff at the wall and all that.

Like a Spanish manager who knows a load of players not necessarily aware of the plight if MFC. Sorry. 

• Like 2

There's no project to sell really is there? Appointing warnock is so damn boring, unimaginative, uninspiring.. yes he's solid, yes he'll get us organised but why would a player come to us when a) we can't offer more money than other clubs and b) everything about us screams lack of ambition.

I'm sorry to keep harping on and being so negative about warnock but it really is just a wasted, pointless year ahead.

• Like 9
Just now, Neverbefore said:

There's no project to sell really is there? Appointing warnock is so damn boring, unimaginative, uninspiring.. yes he's solid, yes he'll get us organised but why would a player come to us when a) we can't offer more money than other clubs and b) everything about us screams lack of ambition.

I'm sorry to keep harping on and being so negative about warnock but it really is just a wasted, pointless year ahead.

Not as wasted as last season

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Excellent post and I couldn't agree more.

If you add to it, that we survived by the skin of our teeth as well, that makes it even less attractive to join us.

Warnock came in and did a great job I agree, but for me it was a negative appointment. I'm not saying if we had got Pearson or someone like that more players would of wanted to join us, but it would of put us in a better chance to recruit knowing there was a long term strategy 

Just now, thatoldchestnut said:

Not as wasted as last season

Doesn't make it any better though does it? At least last season had some unpredictability. Unfortunately it ended up as a ***show but.. 

Probably a bit rude of me...but I don't have the number for the Samaritans handy and we all know mistakes were made and it is up to us to not repeat them if we can...if a season of stability makes us more appealing to the next guy then maybe it is for the best than doing another 180

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Probably a bit rude of me...but I don't have the number for the Samaritans handy and we all know mistakes were made and it is up to us to not repeat them if we can...if a season of stability makes us more appealing to the next guy then maybe it is for the best than doing another 180

But thats exactly what this is, another 180! We went from attacking monk to organised stable pulis to attacking woodgate to organised stable warnock. This is the 4th 180 in 3 years. Its literally mental 

3 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

The world is going into a massive recession and the club has very little income. If we have to tread water for a few years by signing a few NW old boys like Bamba then so be it.

well said.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

The most successful and enjoyable times in recent years have been with a steady stable disciplined hard to beat team, under Karanka and McLaren.  We need to get bavk to that. I personally loved watching us play like that knowing if we take the lead we're going to win the game, dominating the midfield and possession. This myth of everyone wants to see attacking Gung ho football is *** when u conceding goals for fun and getting beat every week, I just Wana win, steady and organized is the way to do this, warnock will do it for us. 

• Like 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)