oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

2 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Just been told that the big CB who played for the u23s v Harrogate was Lexus Beeden, who is/was an u23 at Reading.

Yeah definitely him like from the photos 

Was at Tooting and Mitcham where we got Folarin and Jones from 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Just been told that the big CB who played for the u23s v Harrogate was Lexus Beeden, who is/was an u23 at Reading.

Think he'll come in to play a role in the U23's (with the possibility to step up) rather than first team.

• Like 1
Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

Think he'll come in to play a role in the U23's (with the possibility to step up) rather than first team.

Absolutely. The u23s were pretty short on Cbs last season

https://instagram.com/lbeeden5?igshid=1n4no0zq1kcoy

Hes posted a pic of him playing on his insta story so there's a bit if proof.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

Yeah the issue with Britt and Fletcher scoring goals is they are poachers require wingers to play through balls. This is something we are proper lacking in. Meanwhile I'm pretty sure someone said Britt has a 1 year contract extension like Howson had

Oh absolutely we need wingers/creative players for supply. This is all on the assumption that we actually bring in some more attacking quality to supply them.

Also Fletcher has more to his game than being a poacher.

2 minutes ago, Adamjr9 said:

Apparently Morgan Gibbs white is set to join Swansea on loan... should’ve been all over this. 

another midfielder though, which might well free up Stewart again.

1 hour ago, ManBearPig said:

Guys, whilst I am an occasional optimist with boro, there is absolutely 0 chance of us getting promoted this season. Can we please just curb our expectations a little bit? I don’t even think we’ll have a chance of the playoffs. Warnock is good value in the division, but is he really going to improve us that much? 

I’d be happy with 10th to 15th after the season we’ve just had. Added to this we have let go senior players and as yet have not filled them. Is Grant Hall really going to make the difference? 

Im happy to reassess at the end of the transfer window, but right now where it stands? Pfttt no way in my opinion. Happy to be proven wrong however. I just wish I had the same optimism as people who think we can make a play off push 😂

Are we going to finish top 2? Definitely not.

Are we going to finish top 6? Most likely not.

Do we have a 0% chance of promotion? No.

Listen I know our window hasn't been great so far but I think some people really underestimate some of the players we have in our squad. Last season was a total disaster but in my opinion 90% of that was down to Woodgate and a poor transfer window. I think people here forget how awful Woodgate was as a manager, he genuinely had no clue.

We've still got months left to bring some players in. I'm no Warnock lover but his record at this level speaks for itself, if anyone can pull off a miracle playoff finish it would be him. I'm not saying we should be expecting a top 10 finish, realistically I expect us to finish about 10-14th. But I also think it's a bit naive and counter productive to claim that we have absolutely zero chance of promotion. All we need is a couple of quality transfers that improve us and some loan players with something to prove. Mix that with our current crop of experienced championship players and our quality academy, who is to say we can't pull of a miracle?

That being said, it would also require our club to be competent in the transfer market, which I don't have much faith in us to do.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Weasel said:

Anyone else who wants us to keep Britt for this season? I think with his contract expiring at the end of the season, he'll be determined to prove himself to win a new contract here or somewhere else. Seems like he has a good relationship with Warnock who I think could get the best out of him. In my opinion if we were to somehow finish in the top 6, it would be through Britt and Fletch scoring lots of goals.

Personally I'd get rid. I wanted us to sign Britt and I think he's done well for us given what has happened in the last 3 years, but the fact is that under our new financial limitations, he wont be getting a new contract here on anything like his current terms.

So either we ship him out now and get some money back (and a large wage of the books a year early), or we continue to pay him for a year and he leaves for nothing next year. If we say hes on £40k, and the value we could probably sell him for is £8m, that's a £10m hit for one further year, which is exactly the sort of poor decision that we have made previously. The sort of poor decision that mounts up and gets you to the point we're at now.

We have Fletcher there who is performing better every year, youngsters coming through as backup, and a Warnock wants to play 433 which is a formation that utilises one central striker. Even if NW wants to bring in another striker, the funds we receive from Britt can probably fund 3/4 new players

Should point out I imagine Warnock will want to keep him this year, as he will not be bothered about the cash we have lost once he hangs up his managing boots

Edited by OldManGravz
Just now, scotty189 said:

Yes this is good news for us, If they were after Stewart 

different kind of midfielder though apparently (thanks Will) so maybe won't make much difference. Will wait and see.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

different kind of midfielder though apparently (thanks Will) so maybe won't make much difference. Will wait and see.

are Swansea getting the Chelsea lad Gallagher back this season? 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)