oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Bit of a random one this but does anyone have access to the dundee united supporters Facebook group "arabs anonymous"?

APPARENTLY the itk on there reckons we've bidded/ are signing lawrence shankland but I can't get access.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I would love to know what you do in the community to feel you have a moral highground over Steve Gibson?

I can't speak for RealSlimShadey but I am a super nice person to one and all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

As you say though, thats football. If we dont pay wages, we dont compete and the club shrinks further in terms of the jobs that can be offered to the community. I would love to see a big change in how football clubs are ran but it seems like its a long way off in this country, especially in the top two divisions. 

Arsenal made 55 members of staff reduantant whilst having 100 million pound player wage bill

To be fair, Arsenal are owned by a *** though.  

2 hours ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

I completely agree. As I say, nuance is important - perhaps an internet forum isn't the best medium to always get that nuance across. The difficulty of nuance is especially apparent with a figure like Gibson who, in my opinion, has a complex relationship with the Teesside community (which is inevitable given how significant he has been here for well over three decades).

I think @ErimusFootball's recent article on Gibson is a really good example of capturing the nuance of Gibson from a footballing perspective. 

Is nuance your 'word of the day' by any chance? 🤔

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I can't speak for RealSlimShadey but I am a super nice person to one and all.

Yes, this has certainly been my experience...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Is nuance your 'word of the day' by any chance? 🤔

4 uses in 13 lines (on phone). That’s poor from me 💔

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Bit of a random one this but does anyone have access to the dundee united supporters Facebook group "arabs anonymous"?

APPARENTLY the itk on there reckons we've bidded/ are signing lawrence shankland but I can't get access.

I’ve seen some people mentioning a £3mill fee, seems pricey for someone who’s only done it in the Scottish championship (although tbf he was prolific there) 

21 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

He scores a lot of goals in Scotland if Wiki is accurate.  The New Bernie?

Just now, Tobermory Whitby said:

He scores a lot of goals in Scotland if Wiki is accurate.  The New Bernie?

Hes scored a shedload, albeit in a fairly poor division.

Shame its been posted in a private group. Can someone impersonate a Dundee fan and have a look? 👀

15 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Mentions on another post, roberts there today anyone know any more? 

At the game? If thats true surely he must want to come back. 

1 minute ago, Mfcdanny said:

It's not true unfortunately.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mfcdanny said:

until there is visually evidence, take it with Saxa salt

• Like 1