oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

32 minutes ago, 2plus2 said:

Think our formation was 3-5-2 / 5-3-2 in the recent friendly (so I read). Didn't someone else on here suggest Warnock would opt for this formation also, as it'd lessen a complete squad overall vs opting for his favoured 4-3-3.

At this point - with the squad how it is, the types of full-backs we have and the first game around the corner - I'd be surprised to see any formation but this. Either that or 4-3-3 with 3 primarily defensive CMs.

Yeah, I think it has been suggested that was the case. I just hope that we don't sign forwards for the sake of it when we've got such little creativity in the middle of the field.

I know there are more important things in life but it is a tad depressing day after day expecting some movement - and sod all happens!

i really hoped with the need of a couple of bodies in and the news 2 were in Rockliffe overnight we may have had some news today. Hey ho!!

5 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

I know there are more important things in life but it is a tad depressing day after day expecting some movement - and sod all happens!

i really hoped with the need of a couple of bodies in and the news 2 were in Rockliffe overnight we may have had some news today. Hey ho!!

Think they were booked in for tonight, correct me if I'm wrong like

Shankland’s last post on Instagram doesn’t look like he’s at Rockliffe unless he’s already receiving his post there. 

Neil Lennon said that afew of his Celtic players are going to be shipped out due to their Champions league exit.

Maybe we're back in for that LB?

1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

The poster or the Greek God?

Thor is a Norse god.  

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Look, either way he's from foreignland, let's leave it at that.

• Like 2

I'm amazed noone has popped to the hotel for a meal to check out all these players who are staying there tonight. 

We must be hopeful if they've come overnight. Warnock will be getting anxious I would suspect.

We desperately need a left back and a centre back. Any names for those positions?

6 minutes ago, mj south said:

Neil Lennon said that afew of his Celtic players are going to be shipped out due to their Champions league exit.

After his scandal i doubt it.

Apparently Bauser has scuppered 6 deals this summer. The last one over £500 a week.

And in other Boro news, Robbie Keane/Woodgate may be heading to the MLS (LA/ATL), I wonder if that frees up any cash.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

10 minutes ago, mj south said:

Take on Celtic rejects, Scottish players, that will be the day we die..