oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

For me it would be

--------------Stojanovic

-------Fry-----Hall-----Gibson

Dijksteel----------------------Coulson

--------------Saville

Spence------------------------Tavernier

------Fletcher---------Assombalonga

2 minutes ago, edinboro said:

For me it would be

--------------Stojanovic

--------------Saville

I dont see spence as a winger and we would get bullied in the midfeild with that team. And if your gonna play a winger its pointless playing wingbacks 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, edinboro said:

For me it would be

--------------Stojanovic

--------------Saville

That team would get steamrolled in midfield. 

• Like 4

I think the worrying thing is that we’re just not getting anyone over the line, despite several players being interested enough to come and look round and start talks. We all felt we needed a good 5-8 players this season, Warnock wanted them in early, so it feels like we’re making an absolute meal out of it. And it follows the same frustration of the last few windows making things even worse. 
The player I’ve been most disappointed about is Joe Williams - seemed like he was probably our first choice DM and I’m not clear if it was ever that close anyway. I guess the constant “linked to” articles get your hopes up. 

15 minutes ago, J.T. said:

If we get Gibson and we are going with 3-5-2 this season, the first 11 isn’t far off. There are certainly areas that could do with strengthening and improving but I wouldn’t be too displeased if this was the side we put out against Watford:

———————Stojanovic———————

———Fry———Hall———Gibson———

Spence———————————Coulson

————Tav—Howson—Saville————

—————Britt———Fletcher—————

Its not a bad team and pretty balanced given what we have available but with very few alternatives to change it around. I'd probably pick that team if we failed to sign anyone before the first game.

• Like 1

Does anyone think Warnock has come in to just basically fulfill Woodgate's remit.... balance the books and avoid relegation? 

It would seem like a pretty unattractive job but if Warnock is getting a good wage for 15 months then maybe he's happy with not challenging for promotion? 

Just a thought. 

12 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

I dont see spence as a winger and we would get bullied in the midfeild with that team. And if your gonna play a winger its pointless playing wingbacks 

I agree. Spence is best at carrying the ball from deep and exploiting the space in front on him. You're wasting his talents if he's always receiving the ball by the oppositions 18 yard box.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Does anyone think Warnock has come in to just basically fulfill Woodgate's remit.... balance the books and avoid relegation? 

It would seem like a pretty unattractive job but if Warnock is getting a good wage for 15 months then maybe he's happy with not challenging for promotion? 

Just a thought. 

I think theres something in that, he said he wanted to look at promotion but thats more about him than the remit he has

2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Just a thought. 

I dont think so. He has a long, proud record in the championship, which I think makes him ambitious. There isn’t much going on anywhere at the minute and every penny does count. 

4 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Just a thought. 

I have a sneaking suspicion that he might move into a DoF role here after that year, a 1 year contract seems like a strange commitment  but then again it was similar to Pulis' contract I suppose...

28 minutes ago, J.T. said:

If we get Gibson and we are going with 3-5-2 this season, the first 11 isn’t far off. There are certainly areas that could do with strengthening and improving but I wouldn’t be too displeased if this was the side we put out against Watford:

———————Stojanovic———————

———Fry———Hall———Gibson———

Spence———————————Coulson

————Tav—Howson—Saville————

—————Britt———Fletcher—————

That'll do it for me, With a few Academy players I can live with that 

• Like 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)