Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Boro Banker said:

All new signings below including loans  

we aren’t out of place, and a lot of teams have lost more players than us 

swansea and Norwich have done well but can’t say there are many other clubs who’s signings are that exciting  

Barnsley 1

Birmingham 4

Blackburn 1

Bournemouth 0

Brentford 1

Bristol 1 

Cardiff 2

Coventry 3

Derby 3

Huddersfield 1

Luton 1

Boro 1

Millwall 4 

Norwich 10 (some decent signings in there)

Forest 4

PNE 0

QPR 3

Reading 1

Rotherham 5

Sheff Wed 3

Swansea 6

Stoke 3

watford 1

Wycombe 3

 

id counter this by saying how many other squads barely survived relegation last season with a thin squad, and have lost 5/6 senior players this summer while only bringing in one replacement?  i dont know the answer but i  assume not many, and for me, thats the real worry of this transfer window. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tmcc said:

id counter this by saying how many other squads barely survived relegation last season with a thin squad, and have lost 5/6 senior players this summer while only bringing in one replacement?  i dont know the answer but i  assume not many, and for me, thats the real worry of this transfer window. 

Its the same story throughout the league.. teams have lost players and can’t afford to bring in

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boro Banker said:

All new signings below including loans  

we aren’t out of place, and a lot of teams have lost more players than us 

swansea and Norwich have done well but can’t say there are many other clubs who’s signings are that exciting  

Barnsley 1

Birmingham 4

Blackburn 1

Bournemouth 0

Brentford 1

Bristol 1 

Cardiff 2

Coventry 3

Derby 3

Huddersfield 1

Luton 1

Boro 1

Millwall 4 

Norwich 10 (some decent signings in there)

Forest 4

PNE 0

QPR 3

Reading 1

Rotherham 5

Sheff Wed 3

Swansea 6

Stoke 3

watford 1

Wycombe 3

 

I'd like to see a table representing the net effect i.e. incomings minus outgoings. That would paint a truer picture.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Humpty said:

Not possible. I’ve met Vic a few times now and he has a sense of humour.

To be fair, everyone does when compared to you 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PsychFur said:

I'd like to see a table representing the net effect i.e. incomings minus outgoings. That would paint a truer picture.

 

All the data is on Transfermarkt, let me know when you’ve made the table 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I don’t think the club have hired Warnock with promotion in mind, not for one second.

I think the club have hired him to achieve mid table because it lessens the risk of us getting relegated whilst COVID is still affecting football’s finances. I think the plan is to ride out COVID, wait until normality has returned, then appoint a new man the following season.
 

It seems to me that this year it’s all about keeping the spending down and treading water. 

Don't buy that at all.  I don't see Warnock being enticed back to management with a nice 14th placed finish in mind.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mendieta420 said:

Its the same story throughout the league.. teams have lost players and can’t afford to bring in

i dont think it is though, we've lost 5 first team players from last season, 9 if you include loan players, i have had a quick look and no other team iv seen has done the same, or if they have they wernt scrapping for relegation like we were. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

Quick reminder that the games start in less than a week.

7 days 1 hour to be precise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Boro Banker said:

All the data is on Transfermarkt, let me know when you’ve made the table 

Is there really any need for a response like that?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TAPOUT said:

To be fair we dont know what really happened. He could have conceivably gone down to Cornwall to speak to Warnock. I remember the will he, wont he saga with Clayton and he did very well for us. It may be that the woman in payroll cant work out his wages unless he starts on the 1st of the month. Next Tuesday is when it will all happen.

Possibly took a holiday when the season finished and is on lockdown for two weeks as per rules...who knows?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An owner who has a historical dislike of football agencies and agents resulting in past legal battles (Jonathan Barnett legal slur case) and a manager whose known to prefer player recruitment through agencies with his own family having had past relationships between club employees and intermediaries when he was manager at that club.

What could go wrong with our recruitment and ‘This won’t end well with Warnock’, indeed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like those Mbe Soh rumours had some truth in them afterall, probably end up signing a new deal now though. This account is very reliable.

image.png.9dddddb2df0bb2bd1941a3f815ef7bf7.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

You’re missing the point though, there’s another list similar if not longer of players we’ve lost to other clubs. That’s the worry, looks like you can add sanogo and Stewart to that. If those 2 are where we are on the list then god knows who’s names gonna pop up next.

Says who? I haven't seen a single article that says we were after so & so the only names I've seen have been on here within minutes, We don't know if anyone else is coming in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 days since our last signing, discounting Johnson's new deal.

49 days till the window shuts, 8 days till the season starts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...