oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

5 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

No wonder I got Pelters when I said Sol Bamba was a good shout Didn't know he was 35

I don't see anything wrong with having Bamba, if done for a low cost. He played in the prem the season before last and would be great in the dressing room

I do think it was s lazy guesswork  story though

• Like 1

Well nine months away from this site( NZ and not jail by the way), and what has changed. Our recruitment appears to lurch from bad to worse and the width and creativity sorely needed still hasn’t been addressed. We are skint unless you are a relation of SG and having flicked through this site I have to be honest I have not heard of a single person we have supposedly been linked with. Oh well at least Warnock is an upgrade on that con artist Pulis who is no doubt enjoying spending the money he robbed off us, good decision SG, you were warned. I also hear that Changing Times is a new friendlier compassionate person, we will see as the season progresses 

2 hours ago, Dynamo Kev said:

its easy to be miffed off at hearing players are turning us down over wage negotiations after wanting to come here. but screw them, players have far to much power now. even average and shiite players are holding clubs to ransom. they are all greedy selfish tossers. if we bow down to them we'd end up in a bigger mess financially than we already are. i'm glad we fob them off for being to greedy. let some other mug club pay over the odds for average run of the mill dross.

Some clubs are not gonna survive this lock down I don't want our club in that situation,Its ok saying they've bought this player and that player, How much they on 10k a week? that's 40k a month when no money is coming in where do you think this money is coming from? Shirt sales club merchandise and such will only cover so much

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, tmcc said:

touche, 

i guess neil warnock is the championship alex Ferguson 

Who's Alex Ferguson? Someone I should know ? Does he play on the wing grab him if he does

Edited by Barnaby
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dynamo Kev said:

its easy to be miffed off at hearing players are turning us down over wage negotiations after wanting to come here. but screw them, players have far to much power now. even average and shiite players are holding clubs to ransom. they are all greedy selfish tossers. if we bow down to them we'd end up in a bigger mess financially than we already are. i'm glad we fob them off for being to greedy. let some other mug club pay over the odds for average run of the mill dross.

Completely agree, as much as we want to see the club do well, we must all admit we are in the middle of a trough financially, in terms of having squad balance and in terms of attracting players. 

It was going to be a hard season, even if we got a few players in. We have no god given right to be successful or even competitive in this league and we need to claw our way back to that again because we fell hard over the last few years. Pulis being able to achieve respectable  finishes in the table with awful football, if anything masked how deep our issues were and still are

Edited by SzilardNemethsCurtains
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Barnaby said:

Who's Alex Ferguson? Someone I should know ?

Some Scottish guy that ended up at a struggling club near Liverpool

3 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Some Scottish guy that ended up at a struggling club near Liverpool

Has he a red nose?

38 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

had a part-time job as a reindeer

Oh that geezer

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chadwick said:

3 trialist’s played for under23’s today
2 of them scored

on boro site now

Interesting how there’s no photos from the u23’s game today and they’re still using photos from the Harrogate Town game... 🤔

Some geezer on fmttm reckons he knows the one with the blue shorts on. He’s not giving much a way mind think he’s on the wind up.

6 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

Interesting how there’s no photos from the u23’s game today and they’re still using photos from the Harrogate Town game... 🤔

I'd guess it's the same 3 trialists as Harrogate the Reading CB, Chesterfield striker and the unidentified midfielder.

That lad from Sunderland Cole Kiernan bagged a couple sounds decent already Jones set up a few as well with Balde/Gibson coming through might be a good time to get Jones and Folarin out on loan if we can get them some experience see how they cope in League Two.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I'd guess it's the same 3 trialists as Harrogate the Reading CB, Chesterfield striker and the unidentified midfielder.

That lad from Sunderland Cole Kiernan bagged a couple sounds decent already Jones set up a few as well with Balde/Gibson coming through might be a good time to get Jones and Folarin out on loan if we can get them some experience see how they cope in League Two.

Do you know who the player behind the reading lad is? Or is he the unknown trialist. Someone on fmttm seems to think he’s over 27 year old international No 10 type player 

Edited by Poly
Wrong word

2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

The fact Folarin has turned up on the first team squad page makes me think he may be in and around the first team, honestly.