oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

I don't understand why it matters what discussion goes in which thread. The majority of stuff on here has been transfer related even if its talking about past transfers. 

Sometimes things go off on a slight different tangent but its like having a discussion in the pub where you chat around a subject from different angles. I think its great this way because everyone can join in. The other alternative is having loads of different topics with a couple of people contributing on each one. 

Someone started a concise transfer thread the other day and it had about 3 posts! 

• Like 9
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I think what Digger means is a lot of the posts are making the same points day after day and we all know that things aren't great, so for a while we will just have to suck it up and get on with it. It looks like some Prem clubs are beginning to start loaning people out, so there may be progress on that front soon and some Championship teams are going to ship lads out that aren't in their 25...so until it gets close to the wire, we shouldn't fret to the degree we are....then you can all line up and say "see I told you"..last season, Spence, Coulson and Pears showed they could hold their own at times and with better coaches, the improvement should continue...and if another one or two can follow them, then great...either way, I don't think we will spend most of the season looking over our shoulders and talk of playoff is pointless as we don;t have the money to compete if we did go up. so I look forward to a nice boring 12th place finish

51 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Equally though, the championship season doesn't start tomorrow. We have a fairly decent 11 and obviously need more in but this is the situation we are in and we need to rely on later transfers and loans

There is another month of the transfer window 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

I think what Digger means is a lot of the posts are making the same points day after day and we all know that things aren't great, so for a while we will just have to suck it up and get on with it. It looks like some Prem clubs are beginning to start loaning people out, so there may be progress on that front soon and some Championship teams are going to ship lads out that aren't in their 25...so until it gets close to the wire, we shouldn't fret to the degree we are....then you can all line up and say "see I told you"..last season, Spence, Coulson and Pears showed they could hold their own at times and with better coaches, the improvement should continue...and if another one or two can follow them, then great...either way, I don't think we will spend most of the season looking over our shoulders and talk of playoff is pointless as we don;t have the money to compete if we did go up. so I look forward to a nice boring 12th place finish

Reducing the amount that people post isn't good for the site though surely? 

If someone has a more interesting topic to bring up then just start another thread. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, chadwick said:

nassim ben khalifa from his instagram account

I dont think its him playing for under 23's either

Untitled 3.png

What???? Is that not Teesside behind him?

I’ve been conned 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Duvel said:

Reducing the amount that people post isn't good for the site though surely? 

If someone has a more interesting topic to bring up then just start another thread. 

I agree...just saying that we don't need to make the same point over and over again when we all agreed on it the first time..for example, we all agree that we have dished out daft contracts for average players but every day it is mentioned again ..and now that club seem to be trying to avoid that, we are complaining that we should be offering the average players we are allegedly trying to sign more enticing deals..which would you prefer ..daft deals or less signings? 

There's sod all else to talk about in relation to the club. Maybe the problem is the expectation when opening a 'transfer thread'. It's not just a transfer thread, it's perhaps better described as discussions related to the development of the team/club, which doesn't just involve transfer rumours but it absolutely encapsulates those. And really these discussions only tend to happen during transfer windows because these are the times when we do the most business around that development.

If you want a thread that's literally just transfer rumours, I think you're after the wrong format. Rumours don't occur every day but the discussion of rumours absolutely fits in with this thread.

It sounds like what you actually want is a summary of any rumours that have occurred. If admins could flag rumour posts and they got added to another page that listed them all together, I don't think anyone would actually give a cack about how they get mixed in with the discussion in this thread. But, y'know, limitations of software.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

I agree...just saying that we don't need to make the same point over and over again when we all agreed on it the first time..for example, we all agree that we have dished out daft contracts for average players but every day it is mentioned again ..and now that club seem to be trying to avoid that, we are complaining that we should be offering the average players we are allegedly trying to sign more enticing deals..which would you prefer ..daft deals or less signings? 

Whenever I go to the pub and chat about the Boro, I can guarantee I'll hear the same points I've heard a hundred times before.

• Like 3

If you only want to read about actual transfers, just check MFC.co.uk.

Most of the rumours on here don't pan out either, the majority of this thread has been dead air, if you're only wanting facts and nothing but the facts.

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

Just a thought for the admins, but to improve the forum when the discussions comes off track regarding what the thread is about then why don't you start a poll for members to use as alternative?Hopefully this may side track members constantly coming off thread.

There is nothing worse of reading endless amounts of pages of *** that has got nothing to do with transfers rumours. 

give us more itk updates and there'll be more transfer related discussion!

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)