oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Players like Coulson, Spence, Johnson, Dijksteel, Howson, Tavernier, Browne, and McNair are going to be important in the early games. Reason being they're versatile in terms of the position they can play in.

If we want 3-5-2, McNair or Howson may have to slot in alongside Fry and Hall. If we play 4 at the back, Warnock might prefer one of those to deputise for Dijksteel at RB.

Similarly with Coulson - he's well suited to a WB system, but would have to play further forward in a defensive 4, which offers Bola a chance to stake a claim at LB. 

Point being, we have options, even with the limited numbers, of changing systems to accommodate who's available. In the short term, at least.

I struggle to see us playing anything other than a 2 up top system with the personnel we currently have, which I'd be happy to see. The age old creativity issue still rears its head, but will hopefully be addressed. 

Edited by Snowblind
  • Like 2
40 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Players have left and a lack of transfers means a weakened team over the previous season. If players do come in they will need time to bed in which indicates a club with a bigger challenge over last. Will we get players, will they be the right players. Anyway when you look at it we are going to start weaker then last season and I expect us to really struggle.  

I was really hoping we'd somehow manage to make a few signings because injuries are a perennial problem for us.

I can see us having to make some emergency loan signings mid-season.

But this season is just about trying to get back to some semblance of normality, regarding attendances and the usual matchday experience, while trying to make sure we're not in another relegation scrap.

I think we can only start to actually rebuild for the 21-22 season.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

Quadruple signing - Betinelli, Gibson, Roberts and errrrr Dwight Gayle 😏 

This place would have a positive meltdown. 

Gayle's out for months. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Prem clubs are starting to get players in now so I'd expect more movement on loan targets. 

We've been expecting at least 2 permenant signings in for the last 3 weeks so who knows when they'll finally arrive. 

Personally I think Gibson could be done sooner, they know he's going and every week he's there it's a complete waste of money. No decision from Roberts yet which is a shame, if he wanted to come back I think he'd have a agreed by now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
34 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Norwich and Forrest will be strong, swansea also all made some decent signings along with a already strong squad. Watford and bournmouth will struggle can see a massive turnaround in players, and with new managers. Rest are much of a muchness, it's all about consistency, there's no reason with a couple of players coming in we can't be right up there. 

By "right up there" I'm assuming you mean upper mid-table?

Its going to take more than one or two signings to get us anywhere near the promotion, or even play-off places. The Championship, as we know, is hugely competitive and there are plenty of clubs with much bigger and better squads.

I know Warnock pulled off a minor miracle over 8 games, but we still put in some poor performances in the ones we lost.

Assuming he can repeat that 50% win rate, we'll be in the top half of the table, but still some way from the top 6.

11 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Prem clubs are starting to get players in now so I'd expect more movement on loan targets. 

We've been expecting at least 2 permenant signings in for the last 3 weeks so who knows when they'll finally arrive. 

Personally I think Gibson could be done sooner, they know he's going and every week he's there it's a complete waste of money. No decision from Roberts yet which is a shame, if he wanted to come back I think he'd have a agreed by now. 

I don't blame Roberts to be honest, I think there'll be better options out there for him. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)