oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

12 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

No one has excused anything, stop making arguments with yourself. But going over and over it again on the same post is beyond pointless. No one excused Pulis or any of those managers but it doesn't make them all shocking managers, Pulis caused issues off the pitch because he was allowed to and that lands solely at Gibbos door.

I'm not responding anymore though, unless it's on another thread.

The jury is out on Warnock, but the other 4 were shocking. Did any of us celebrate the appointment of any of them?

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Easier said than done though, would you have kept any of Monk, Pulis or Woodgate?

Also to be fair I didn't say it was a valid point, it's just a fact that different managers have different ideas. 

I would never have hired Pulis or Woodgate in the first place and I’d have a recruitment team to help monk build a better team. I wasn’t against monk as I thought he had the age and experience to be a manager for years to come. With a better team and not just strikers and midfielders It might have been different. 

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I would never have hired Pulis or Woodgate in the first place and I’d have a recruitment team to help monk build a better team. I wasn’t against monk as I thought he had the age and experience to be a manager for years to come. With a better team and not just strikers and midfielders It might have been different. 

I was never keen on Monk, tbh, He just didn’t seem up to the job without his assistant. 

When we getting a bit of positive news then?

Smallest squad, lowest scorers and fewest foreign players atm with no real transfer rumours, hopefully the prem teams will start loaning out players soon cos we need about 5

56 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I was never keen on Monk, tbh, He just didn’t seem up to the job without his assistant. 

But did you know that before we appointed him?

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, "KM" said:

The Gazette are doing more transfer business this summer than Boro. 😂

He has been covering the fortunes of Sunderland for the Chronicle. I hope he has more luck with Boro 😄

2 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Easier said than done though, would you have kept any of Monk, Pulis or Woodgate?

Also to be fair I didn't say it was a valid point, it's just a fact that different managers have different ideas. 

I wouldn’t have kept them but I also wouldn’t have got any of them. 
Tbf Monk I could see the logic behind, but opting to replace him with Pulis was just baffling, we had just spent £50m building an ‘attacking’ team and went and appointed the attacking anti christ within 6 months. Dean Smith was the glaringly obvious choice for me to replace monk, Taylor made squad for him and would have jumped at the chance. 

To follow that appointment with again a totally opposite manager who had never even managed before was only going to end one way.

It IS easier said than done but we make it very very hard for ourselves.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, TLF10 said:
5 hours ago, BearSmog said:

People need to get away from the idea that the more signings equals more success.

Its not about numbers its about quality and if we have to wait for quality I'd rather wait. 

robert eggers patience GIF

Can you please stop posting sensible posts. The board is in the middle of a meltdown so posts like these are just antagonising and not helpful.

It's only a sensible post if we sign quality players at some point, and that's something that we haven't been doing much of recently.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

How is it a waste? He's still here, they haven't killed him off

Because we don't have that much money to spend, and we appear to have spent it on someone we are now looking to spend money on, to replace him in turn.  And this is all inside 8/9 months.  It's essentially what we did post relegation after spending the money on Bamford and Gestede and then following it up with Assombalonga, Braithwaite and Fletcher, just a bit cheaper this time, but then we have less financial resources than we did then.  It's garbage management.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, uncle_rico said:

That’s all good and well if you have quality over quantity. We don’t.

yeh that was the point i was making haha, we have 20 players in squad, 9 are 22 years old our younger, and we only have about 9 players who have played more than 30 games in the championship or equivalent level.

i was also trying to show why the people who say "its fine other teams are signing either" are also wrong. we have the joint smallest squad, 3rd youngest and probably one of the least experienced.  

in short, a tough season ahead unless we can sign 3 or 4 players in key positions, our only other hope is that some of the young players thrown in show up, Wood, Bola, Browne, djiksteel, tav, Stubbs, Walker, spence, coulson etc  

Edited by tmcc
3 minutes ago, Adamjr9 said:

Yeah we have told them our terms and won't budge it seems. So they are trying to see if he would possibly go somewhere else for more. Most likely he will come here but it will be end of the window in October. 

• Sad 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)