oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

14 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

From that report, we can establish a little of the starting XI:

GK - Stojanovic

CB - Dijksteel

CB - Hall
CB - ???
LB - Bola?

RM - Spence
CM - Wing
CM - ???
LM - ???

ST - Fletcher
ST - Assombalonga

I think it was this

GK - Stojanovic

RWB - Spence

RCB - Dijksteel

CB - Hall

LCB - Wood

LWB - Bola

RCM - Tav

CM - Howson

LCM - Wing

ST - Fletcher

ST - Britt

You can see Coulson on the sideline sat down in training gear I don't think he was involved today?

Can't see Browne in any early pictures (first 3 goals) not sure if he started I don't think the math works unless he started instead of Bola who I don't see early either but then we don't have a LWB? He appears with Folarin and co after 4 1, can't see Marv at all either.

Edited by Jamie-H
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Perhaps we beat them so convincingly because we had all 17 players on at the same time.

they were worn out by the travelling...and the weather affected them adversely ....oh..and they are really not that good 

Just now, Jamie-H said:

I think it was this

GK - Stojanovic

RWB - Spence

RCB - Dijksteel

CB - Hall

LCB - wood

LWB - Bola

RCM - Tav

CM - Howskn

LCM - wing

ST - Fletcher

ST - Britt

You can see Coulson on the sideline sat down in training gear I don't think he was involved today?

Good stuff man 👍🏻

Nice dynamic system if Dijksteel is allowed to overlap. Can switch from 3-5-2 to a 4-4-2/4-3-3 at the drop of a hat. Versatile players like Tav and Dijsksteel would be key in that.

1 minute ago, Old Codger said:

they were worn out by the travelling...and the weather affected them adversely ....oh..and they are really not that good 

Yeh but what about Newcastle?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tarmo said:

Any idea who was captain? Couldn’t see one on the pics. You’d think there’s be announcement for that soon, and squad numbers (brings out the Footy Manager love in me)

Love a good squad number announcement, only when they proper tho 8 cm, 7 rw etc

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tarmo said:

Any idea who was captain? Couldn’t see one on the pics. You’d think there’s be announcement for that soon, and squad numbers (brings out the Footy Manager love in me)

12 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Tav started too I think.

Spence was wearing 19 and Walker 20 in the pics so don't think either started.

3 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

Spence was wearing 19 and Walker 20 in the pics so don't think either started.

Spence definitely started - The Boro striker then headed over from Djed Spence’s cross, but was on target after just seven minutes when he outmuscled his marker and coolly slotted away.

16 hours ago, scottpilgrim said:

Dont expect Britt to feature at all this week. There has been some interest and the club are desperate to get it pushed through quickly.

Did Britt play today?

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

Spence definitely started - The Boro striker then headed over from Djed Spence’s cross, but was on target after just seven minutes when he outmuscled his marker and coolly slotted away.

Maybe they're the new squad numbers then

Looks like we play Newcastle again on Monday at their training ground, according to the match report in the chronical.

Warnock interview is up on website and he said we are working hard to bring in new players. Cant work any harder but does not see us getting anyone in this week.