oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

The key is that there is a mindset of winning and belief creeping in and that can become just as infectious as a downbeat defeatist attitude which spreads across the fans and squad alike. Just look at the opposing perspective on this afternoons outing.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2020/09/friendlies-mean-nothing-but-watch-this-shambles-unfold-middlesbrough-5-newcastle-1-newcastle-united/

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

It’s really looking like we have changed the way we operate. As we move closer to the season start with 8 departures and 1 signing, come on hands up, who after the finish of last season would have thought we would be regressive? 
I think the club is worse off then any of us could predict and I worry, seriously I am worried. I guess we could reassure ourselves by suggesting BORO are working on securing players to suit the way we wish to play and simply working on deals to secure them. OK that’s a bit far fetched even for BORO supporters. 
So what the hell is really going on, is Messi on his way? 

1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

is Messi on his way? 

Apparently Messi's agent has just saw the footage of the five goals and said to his boy, "forget it son you'll never break into that squad. I've cancelled the two rooms at Rockliffe, for tomorrow night. Moss Side it will have to be I'm afraid, you're not fit to lace that Britt and Tav blokes boots".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

It’s really looking like we have changed the way we operate. As we move closer to the season start with 8 departures and 1 signing, come on hands up, who after the finish of last season would have thought we would be regressive? 
I think the club is worse off then any of us could predict and I worry, seriously I am worried. I guess we could reassure ourselves by suggesting BORO are working on securing players to suit the way we wish to play and simply working on deals to secure them. OK that’s a bit far fetched even for BORO supporters. 
So what the hell is really going on, is Messi on his way? 

Here we just smashed the magpie's 5-1 think positive thoughts for a night 🙂

• Like 1

Regressive? Out of interest why do you count loanees amongst the departures but not returning loan players amongst the arrivals? Not signing players for over the odds prices / wages might just as easily be considered progressive, unless your only criteria is net number of players regardless of quality.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

The key is that there is a mindset of winning and belief creeping in and that can become just as infectious as a downbeat defeatist attitude which spreads across the fans and squad alike. Just look at the opposing perspective on this afternoons outing.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2020/09/friendlies-mean-nothing-but-watch-this-shambles-unfold-middlesbrough-5-newcastle-1-newcastle-united/

We appear to be having a better break than they do, which is saying something.  

Mind you, if we had a handful of players not taking any part of pre-season then we'd have to make all our friendlies 5 asides.

1 minute ago, CrazyL said:

Regressive? Out of interest why do you count loanees amongst the departures but not returning loan players amongst the arrivals? Not signing players for over the odds prices / wages might just as easily be considered progressive, unless your only criteria is net number of players regardless of quality.

OK 8 out 2 in. Better 😀

Nice result to beat Newcastle 5-1 albeit a friendly, knowing our luck though it'll be on Boro Out of Context twitter in a few months when we have 0 CBs on the bench through injury or something 

Having watched the Highlights of the Newcastle game, I'm glad we didn't pursue interest in Darlow.  He didn't play very well today.

Maybe we have turned a corner,  NW has turned a bunch of no-hopers and ner do wells into a team

Lets see how we do on Friday before we get too excited

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)