oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

There’s been too much positivity in this thread today, someone bring us crashing down to Earth please 

4 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

There’s been too much positivity in this thread today, someone bring us crashing down to Earth please 

Warnock's not expecting any signings this week, the Gazette are now spinning that actually we've never enquired about Gibson and ermmm, I paid £7.50 for fish and chips this afternoon and the fish was tiny.

3 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Clayton has joined birmingham. Now confirmed

Good luck to him.

Will clap him, Karanka and Friend when they're next here.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Good luck to him.

Will clap him, Karanka and Friend when they're next here.

Saturday 16th January 

4 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Clayton has joined birmingham. Now confirmed

Best of luck to Adam he was a great servant to us and that partnership he formed with Leadbitter was immense

• Like 1

Clayton was probably my favourite player in the Karanka years. Wasn’t the same once he’d gone, Monk messed him about a bit and Pulis some more. It was probably a time for a change but I have a little twinge of envy looking across at Birmingham and their fans all excited about the feel good factor Aitor is bringing to the club. 

• Like 1

I think there's a combination of things that are at work, proven in Warnock's 4 wins out of 8 last season, that combined with 4-5 new signings will make us a top 6 side.

1) Our last manager was Teesside Football League level he devalued so many players by getting the worst out of them

2) Our youngsters are at the age where they should be developing into the first team quality we'd expect from their potential (Tav)

3) We have players throughout our squad from Howson/McNair/Saville/Fletcher/Wing that have either showed capabilities of getting top Championship level returns from like Fletcher + Wing or in the others case have underperformed for years with us not bringing out the levels they've proved at other clubs.

4) Britt. This league has showed many times over the years if a striker can produce over 20 goals in a decent team that's an edge that can lift a whole team up a division, Britt was bought on this premise and while he's returned decent figures if he can have an extra gear this year and stay fit he could be a difference maker.

Add 4-5 signings for what Warnock wants, adding a bit of depth and competition, tighten up our defence and add an extra 20 goals I don't see why we couldn't be up there maybe right up there. Watford are banking on a washed up Andre Gray and an aged Glenn Murray our strikeforce has better recent form than them we aren't far away.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Skinemrippers said:

Clayton was probably my favourite player in the Karanka years. Wasn’t the same once he’d gone, Monk messed him about a bit and Pulis some more. It was probably a time for a change but I have a little twinge of envy looking across at Birmingham and their fans all excited about the feel good factor Aitor is bringing to the club. 

Exactly the same with me. I've proper lost interest in this season with our recruitment, the excitements slowly been killed day by day since the kit release

Hopefully a new signing will kickstart it again 

2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

4) Britt. This league has showed many times over the years if a striker can produce over 20 goals in a decent team that's an edge that can lift a whole team up a division, Britt was bought on this premise and while he's returned decent figures if he can have an extra gear this year and stay fit he could be a difference maker.

Britt has never scored more than 15 goals in a season in the Championship.  He has scored more than 15 in a season once in his career, in League One.

3 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Exactly the same with me. I've proper lost interest in this season with our recruitment, the excitements slowly been killed day by day since the kit release

Hopefully a new signing will kickstart it again 

Ditto

Sorry if am asking people to repeat themselves but did we establish what the starting 11 was today?

11 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

Can't say I am massively impressed by his signings mind, the Spanish winger and Leko aren't bad but nothing to get too excited by

1 minute ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

Britt has never scored more than 15 goals in a season in the Championship.  He has scored more than 15 in a season once in his career, in League One.

I'd counter strikers usually have a peak season or 2 especially in this league and he hasn't reached his yet from Wood/Graham/Jutkiewicz/Kermorgant/Kodjia/Jerome/Gestede/Daryl Murphy all had 1 or 2 seasons where they posted 20 goals or close to way above their career average no reason Britt can't pull that off he's capable especially if him and Warnock have the chemistry we think they do.