oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

I don’t think Warnock is the issue at all or the short term appointment. Monk and Woodgate lasted less than a season, the turnover of managers is massive. They might love the thought of playing for a manager (Lampard at Derby, Robson with us etc), but I doubt length of the managers contract has any influence at all. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, SmogInSheff said:

Grant Hall has played for him before, I just wonder for players who don't know him is a long term vision being sold by the club or is it we are gunning for promotion this year? Can't see may players looking for a any kind of job security seeing us as an attractive proposition at the moment. 

We will be when we are top of the league when the Winter window opens🤪

• Like 2
1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

Westbrom are offering 15 million for Karlon Grant at Huddersfield aswell. They really are spending alot of money on player's who I feel won't do that well in the Prem. 

West Brom know they are a yo yo club, they are planning ahead for the 21/22 season

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I don’t think Warnock is the issue at all or the short term appointment. Monk and Woodgate lasted less than a season, the turnover of managers is massive. They might love the thought of playing for a manager (Lampard at Derby, Robson with us etc), but I doubt length of the managers contract has any influence at all. 

Disagree with that, I don’t think older friend types will care so much but players do worry if the guy who signed them and sold them the plan is replaced/leaves. Just one season under a manager who doesn’t fancy them can be a disaster for a promising player in his 20s.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Disagree with that, I don’t think older friend types will care so much but players do worry if the guy who signed them and sold them the plan is replaced/leaves. Just one season under a manager who doesn’t fancy them can be a disaster for a promising player in his 20s.

See Ben gibson

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Yep, Gibson has lost 2 years of his career basically because the manager didn't fancy him. May not get another Prem team unless we get promoted. 

I think the average players who we are now in the market for will look at getting a 3 or 4 year contract personally and if the manager who wants you isn't guaranteed to be around after this season then that would be a factor I think.

A club Sanogo had an offer from Denizlispor are being reported in Turkey today to have withdrawn their offer for him after signing Subotic on a free taking up the wage they allocated for Sanogo instead focusing on Niasse. 

Latest on Sanogo from the Gazette was Boro were confident, Warnock tried to sign him 3 years ago for Cardiff so is very keen to get him and if it went as far as him visiting Rockliffe you'd think we're favourites but who knows what's going on.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

The sounds to me that Steve wants him back but Warnock would rather use budget elsewhere...

I love Warnock he will be certainly stamping his view point across unlike Pulis who tried convince us all he was doing a good job behind the scenes when in reality he was just sucking Gibson off and throwing everyone under the bus. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I love Warnock he will be certainly stamping his view point across unlike Pulis who just made it seem he was doing a good job behind the scenes when in reality he was just sucking Gibson off. 

I don't see a great deal much different between the club now and the club under Pulis. Fans said the same thing when Pulis was in charge based only on what he said. I think before we give him any praise for 'sorting us out', we should actually let him prove he's having any effect on that.

To be as fair as you can, if the same thing happens across two managers then questions have to be asked as to how willing the club are to make the change these managers are suggesting. I'm sure the club would be happy for us all to continue blaming Pulis and, in the future, Warnock if very little actually changes but they have to take responsibility themselves for their own decisions.

• Like 6
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)