oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

i've had enough of this negativity. i'm going to scour the world for players with totally cool names and suggest we sign them based on that alone. like a few years ago when i wanted marvelous and success to sign.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Just now, Dynamo Kev said:

i've had enough of this negativity. i'm going to scour the world for players with totally cool names and suggest we sign them based on that alone. like a few years ago when i wanted marvelous and success to sign.

All for this, I'm a fan of a good name.

1 minute ago, Dynamo Kev said:

Great idea!

I'm just sad we were never in a position to sign Titi Camara... 😁

10 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Being positive achieves *** all too, honestly, so why bother with that either? 

I can't believe some of the stuff I read on here.  I don't live in the area, so what is that causes such a defeatist attitude??  Something in the water??  If there's anything that really gets up my nose, it's a "no can do" attitude.

Bahh!!     😐😐

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Will said:

Hey @SzilardNemethsCurtains  Could you stop being so negative about our fans? At least they care enough to moan, it's better than saying nothing at all. You moaning about our fans being negative doesn't achieve anything and it's boring to read.

Hey Will, could you stop being so negative about one fan.. It.. Blah Blah Blah... 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ok...let's see some suggestions about players we could realistically look to sign...less than 20k wages ..fees under 2 million,,preferably with highlight clips to illustrate any sort of ability....you never know who might be looking in 

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Is it entitlement to want to be a competently run club? If so, call me entitled mate. I'm sick to death of jokers like Gill & Bausor holding jobs that they don't deserve for as long as they have, presumably because they're mates of SG. 

I'm not asking for anything major, just to have a coherent plan and appoint some people with the relevant knowledge, skills & experience to help implement it, rather than this short termism we have at the minute where we flip flop between ideals.

I completely agree with you on everything you say there and the irony is, you are someone I agree with a lot on here and I agree with those who rightly hold the club to account

But equally we need to accept the situation we are in now and that its going to be a hard road out of it

The main reason why I don't post on here more often is the naval gazing that seems to permeate through many comments.

Frankly its at times embarrassing and whilst I'm always keen to hear rational and objective debate (with a little passion thrown in too) it often borders on hysteria. 

We start will a decent squad and a manager whose track record is second to none, at this level.

Its strange times and id rather the club operated sensibly, than threw good money after bad.

We know the manager wants a few more in certain areas and its obvious the club ate working hard to achieve that. Beyond those facts everything else is guesswork.

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I wonder what our scouts actually do. We're always linked with the same old names. 

Spend most of the day watching YouTube videos and reading the transfer threads on fan forums?

Either that or they head down the pub, watch Sky Sports and see if anyone catches their eye?

2 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Ok...let's see some suggestions about players we could realistically look to sign...less than 20k wages ..fees under 2 million,,preferably with highlight clips to illustrate any sort of ability....you never know who might be looking in 

Casper Højer Nielsen. Good left back with a quality left foot. On the brink of the Danish national team. Available at around 2 million euros. Plays mainly in a back 4 though. Don't think he would demand more than 10k a week max.

• Like 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)