oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Sorry but if this is the case, it’s once again another miserably failed transfer window from the club. I’m not bed wetting, I’m just not going to fall for Warnock’s comments trying to put a positive spin on what’s been a failure of a window. Another summer gone, and probably another where we won’t address the wide areas. 
I have no doubt the reason why Warnock says he wants 2 strikers/1 midfielder, is due to the fact the club have missed out on his targets to play 443. So he’s not had to change his mind and play 532. I like Warnock and I still think he will do well for us, whatever personnel/formation he plays. However unless the club sign some more players, then it’s another pathetic transfer window from the club.

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1
3 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Sorry but if this is the case, it’s once again another miserably failed transfer window from the club. I’m not bed wetting, I’m just not going to fall for Warnock’s comments trying to put a positive spin on what’s been a failure of a window. Another summer gone, and probably another where we won’t address the wide areas. 
I have no doubt the reason why Warnock says he wants 2 strikers/1 midfielder, is due to the fact the club have missed out on his targets to play 443. So he’s not had to change his mind and play 532. I like Warnock and I still think he will do well for us, whatever personnel/formation he plays. However unless the club sign some more players, then it’s another pathetic transfer window from the club.

I mean most teams would struggle to win if they were playing their goalkeeper in Midfield so I can see Gibson's logic.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Oh well never mind!

I am very interested in him saying he wants 2 new strikers presumably Sanogo would be the 3rd striker but the 4th would probably have to be a lower profile player maybe a low cost lower league punt?

There is space for a pace merchant runner he went for Vassell for that role at Cardiff we haven't been linked with anyone like that so far but Ste Walker isn't that type so it makes sense as to why he wants 2 new strikers if he wants a pace option especially off the bench.

Starting to feel like déjà vu this

Miss out on loads of targets  --> Manager changes his tune about the squad --> Loads of people start over-rating our squad 🔜 --> Reality check 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Starting to feel like déjà vu this

Miss out on loads of targets  --> Manager changes his tune about the squad --> Loads of people start over-rating our squad 🔜 --> Reality check 

Exactly my thoughts. Happened last year. 

• Like 1

The immediacy of social media knows no bounds!.  🙂

From doom and gloom realism and the sobriety of the sages with their acceptance of the dire situation just "as it is" only a few hours ago to the excitement of Warnock's war cry and youngsters now giving him food for thought. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Exactly my thoughts. Happened last year. 

Exactly what happened last year

I've still got the screenshots of Woody saying we need 4 players because the squad is 'very thin', week or two later we sign no one and he said the squad is very strong??

Warnock few weeks ago said need 7 or 8 and said 'no one in the squad he wouldn't sell' and now McNair is the new Beckenbauer...

All we need now is for people to start saying we'll get play offs (or just miss out) like last year, i got called a bedwetter for saying we'd finish '10th-14th maybe lower' after the summer window shut 😄 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)