oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

From the Echo:

Rather than blame Boro’s recruitment department for the lack of success on the transfer front, Warnock feels too many agents are failing to grasp the reality of football’s new financial outlook.

“I had a striker that I quite liked at the start of the window,” he said. “I know the agent, who’s a good man, I like him. I asked him about him, and the striker wanted £35,000-a-week. I said, ‘Well that’s beyond us, we can’t afford that’.

“They said, ‘But he’s a free transfer so there’s no transfer fee, so we’re going to get that figure’. I just said, ‘Well, good luck to you’. I’ve been offered him this week for £15,000-a-week. People haven’t been in the real world.”

Reckon he's just spinning a yarn or is that genuine? If so I wonder who it is. 

6 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Exactly what happened last year

I've still got the screenshots of Woody saying we need 4 players because the squad is 'very thin', week or two later we sign no one and he said the squad is very strong??

Warnock few weeks ago said need 7 or 8 and said 'no one in the squad he wouldn't sell' and now McNair is the new Beckenbauer...

All we need now is for people to start saying we'll get play offs (or just miss out) like last year, i got called a bedwetter for saying we'd finish '10th-14th maybe lower' after the summer window shut 😄 

We were always going to perform poorly under Woodgate, regardless of how weak/strong our squad was perceived to be. 

its clear as day we need signings, Warnock is trying to keep confidence high with his current squad given the decent pre season performances. 

3 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/18695720.middlesbrough-make-loan-offer-kenneth-zohore/

Interesting the comments at the end re a players demands. No wonder we are not getting players in. The players need to come into the real world.

Very interesting they intimate Zohore is now top of the list.

“I had a striker that I quite liked at the start of the window,” he said. “I know the agent, who’s a good man, I like him. I asked him about him, and the striker wanted £35,000-a-week. I said, ‘Well that’s beyond us, we can’t afford that’.

“They said, ‘But he’s a free transfer so there’s no transfer fee, so we’re going to get that figure’. I just said, ‘Well, good luck to you’. I’ve been offered him this week for £15,000-a-week. People haven’t been in the real world.”

That quote could be about Sanogo?

1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

Very interesting they intimate Zohore is now top of the list.

That quote could be about Sanogo?

Yes.

• Like 1

Interesting this paragraph .

He has assembled an alternative set of targets in the last few weeks, and feels he could actually benefit from having to start afresh.

“I’ve missed out on a few, but I’m not really worried if I’m honest,” said Warnock. “I’ve always been like that – if I miss out on a player because he goes somewhere else, I always think it’s his loss. We’ll move on to the next one. We’re still looking at some good players. We’re not rushing into it, but I’m optimistic we might get one next week and then two or three more before the deadline.

“When one door closes, another one opens, and sometimes the light is brighter. I’m quite excited with the ones we’re looking at signing now. They probably weren’t our choice originally, but I think things might have worked out in our favour. I know it’s not what I originally wanted, I wanted four in before we started training, but I don’t think we could have done any more than we’ve done in these last few weeks.”

• Like 1

I think it fair to say that McNair creates mixed emotions, some rate him some don't.

When he plays well he has been a stand out player for us especially early on last season but admittedly in other games he can be fairly anonymous. He started life in Northern Ireland as a kid playing in midfield then United converted/used him as a Central Defender and even as a Right Back. Louis van Gaal seemed to rate his defensive qualities at the time. His youth team Coach even compared him to Michael Carrick after he made his first team breakthrough as a defender, Van Gaal however thought he was more of a Gary Neville. Now he is a Boro Beckenbauer. Clearly there is something that experienced Coaches and Managers see and like about him.

The problem I think is that he is too convenient to fill in when needed and has never been given a role and told that shirt and position is yhis. Imagine Grant Leadbitter as a RB or even Souness as a CB. Most players play wide right or left or they play as a midfielder, striker or defender. His versatility has been a gift but more of a curse by being shuffled all the time. Already for us he has played Right Back, Centre Back and as a Midfielder. I don't think many Players would thrive in those circumstances, its just possible that Warnock in his wisdom and experience has plans for him.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

£30,000 for Sanogo, *** hell.

Is his agent on crack? Shocking career stats and he was trying to demand that.

Yes they are all trying it on and not in the real world. It will be a sickner for players and agents when the wage cap comes in.

13 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/18695720.middlesbrough-make-loan-offer-kenneth-zohore/

Interesting the comments at the end re a players demands. No wonder we are not getting players in. The players need to come into the real world.

Anyone any idea who the player is? if he is now getting offered at £15k per week, he may still have to come down in demands, and Warnock seems to like him, whoever he is.

1 minute ago, ScarBoro said:

Anyone any idea who the player is? if he is now getting offered at £15k per week, he may still have to come down in demands, and Warnock seems to like him, whoever he is.

Sanogo.

2 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Yeah I would be absolutely shocked if it isn't Sanogo.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)