oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

2 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

I can’t lie a few weeks ago I was feeling really bummed out about the upcoming season (I even posted about it). However, the mindset you’ve outlined is one I’ve adopted in the last week or so.  

Our squad is obviously too thin at the moment but there’s plenty of time to get the bodies in and, as you’ve noted, we don’t need too many now we’ve adapted to 3-5-2. If we can get those positions covered, and I’m honestly fairly confident we will at this stage, then I agree we can be up there next season. Utfb

Plenty of potential there just need them few bodies in and I think everyone will be really up for the season a d push for the play offs. Hopefully this week sees a few in

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Yay, some positivity!

I agree. We're short of a few bodies, but there's a good basis of players for Warnock to get the best out of a 352. Goalkeeper, DM and backup strikers the most obvious shortcomings - but I think we can all be fairly confident that Warnock has identified these as key areas to work on. Perhaps one more defender also, but Hall, Fry, Wood, Dijksteel, McNair and Stubbs are hardly 6 terrible options.

All we need now is a bit of KM or Neverbefore to log-on and do their usual best to dampen the spirits.

Edited by 2plus2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

For what it's worth, i actually think there's a strong chance we'll lose to Watford on Friday. And I'm braced for the inevitable avalanche of "typical Boro" comments that follow. But with a few solid additions there's enough potential for us to at least not be a million miles away from top 6. It's not a strong division this year. Just so happens that Watford are likely to be one of the stronger ones.

1 minute ago, 2plus2 said:

For what it's worth, i actually think there's a strong chance we'll lose to Watford on Friday. And I'm braced for the inevitable avalanche of "typical Boro" comments that follow. But with a few solid additions there's enough potential for us to at least not be a million miles away from top 6. It's not a strong division this year.

I think we'll get dominated in midfield after watching the Shrewsbury game and if Deeney plays im worried about our CBs but realistically i wouldn't say we're expected to get a result so doesnt mean that much if we do lose  

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

I think we'll get dominated in midfield after watching the Shrewsbury game and if Deeney plays im worried about our CBs but realistically i wouldn't say we're expected to get a result so doesnt mean that much if we do lose  

To be fair we will be going up against probably the best midfield pairing in the championship this season in Chalobah and Cleverly 

16 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Plenty of potential there just need them few bodies in and I think everyone will be really up for the season a d push for the play offs. Hopefully this week sees a few in

I love your optimism but we are a much weakened squad then ending last season and I really don’t buy into challenging playoffs with a few new players. Of course a good manager can or could improve a squad for periods but not a sustained duration without depth and ability to change formations and keeping the squad fresh and competing for selection. Based on last season finish I believe we are capable of a mid table finish, but there again I expected the same last season. 

I would expect with a few decent signings could bring back a bit of optimism but if results are not consistent we may see a drop in numbers. Trust in the club is at a all time low and after seasons of rhetoric failures through mis management only visible change through the clubs very fabric will fans show a little more patience and hang around. Without there is very little reason for the next generation to step forward and pledge allegiance and wear the colours with pride.  

If we are to survive and rebuild, this must be the season of change. 

6 minutes ago, TheJew said:

We have really addressed our lack of width, pace and creativity so far this summer,  that's for sure.

Just to update you i dont think we are playing with wingers this season. Think it will be wing backs with Spence/Dijksteel  on one side and Marv/Coulson on other. So there is your width and pace sorted because neither of them 4 are slow.

So we addressed 2 of your 3 concerns already and still got a month of window left. Not bad eh. Keep the faith.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
15 minutes ago, TheJew said:

We have really addressed our lack of width, pace and creativity so far this summer,  that's for sure.

Can't have it both ways though it's an issue if you're Pulis or Monk sticking Fletcher/Braithwaite on a wing then yeah he needed to recruit creativity+width to succeed but fans absolutely love Spence and Coulson, Warnock's found the system that fits them in there isn't really room for wingers or #10s.

Sheffield United did alright without 'pacey wingers' and 'creativity', the question is can our wingback options perform consistently and step it up that's not a recruitment issue because the club/fanbase seem happy with Spence/Coulson/Johnson that's a question only the players themselves can answer.

Common theme over the past 3 years has been begging managers to play Britt in a 2, Warnock's delivering that for us week in week out, whether it gets Britt into 20 goal territory who knows but the idea of bashing our recruitment for not filling holes that don't exist in the system the managers building the squad around seems wrong.

• Like 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)