oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

How exactly is he meant to score 20 goals a season in a team like ours? Is he being fed crosses from our exciting, pacey wingers? Do we create loads of overlaps with our pacey wing backs who can get to the byline for a pull back? If not that, is it our creative midfielders threading immense through balls for him to latch onto?

We have none of that. We are dire. We have been for years. Mis-managed, defensive, turgid, slow and predictable in the attack. I genuinely don't think there's a striker outside of the top, top players who would have gotten 20 goals a season for us in the last few years.

Fact is, it isn't just him. We do it to every striker we buy. We broke Jelle Vossen, we broke Jordan Rhodes, Stuani banged 20-odd goals in La Liga after leaving us.

Direct your anger at the tool who owns the club, not the players who are picking up the pieces.

Agree with the first half, Britt is really up against it to get a decent goal return in our current team and only really has when we’ve played him with fletcher in a 2.

Cant agree with the rest like, Vossen I don’t think lived up to expectations and never really got in the positions to score. 
Rhodes imo was one of the worst strikers I’ve seen play for us. Other than excellent timing he had nothing else to offer. In the 4 months between signing and end of season he had enough nailed on chances to score at least 20 goals and fluffed 75% of them. On the ball outside the area he was literally Sunday league level. Didn’t surprise me that he was a sub at best here and every team since leaving, in his last season at Blackburn gestede was keeping him out of the team for long periods!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

He gets chances and he misses chances... just like every striker. But the fact is he's been playing in a team that has been the LOWEST SCORERS in the entire LEAGUE. If you're happy to say that's Britt's fault then fine, but I don't think it is.

Im not saying he it at fault but i think hes part of the problem like every other player. I only said that i think sonogo deserves a chance and if its over britt then so be it because britt deserve to start as much as any other player in the squad. Your the one saying its ludicrous to to have a negative opinion on britt

26 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Need the least!? Our creativity is awful, I’ve wanted us to sign Woodrow all summer but if anything Mowatt would probably be the most needed.

And replace who?

Wouldn't Tav be playing the role of providing this season? If we get Mowett is it another season on the bench for Tav, we need to give him the opportunity to be the creative CM for us

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

He's playing as a striker tonight, and Warnock wants him at CB. The guy is the ultimate utility player haha

Looks like Warnocks right. They’re 3-1 down. Get him back to shore things up. The new Beckenbauer!

I'd trust McNair at CB or as one of the wider CMs bombing on, wouldn't want him holding the midfield and his spell at RWB under Pulis wasn't great.

I really hope he's off set pieces this season after seeing his corners and free kicks over the years best off being in the box for them. If Warnock can get a consistent tune out of him and Saville our squad suddenly would look a lot deeper and more menacing in my opinion.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

I'd trust McNair at CB or as one of the wider CMs bombing on, wouldn't want him holding the midfield and his spell at RWB under Pulis wasn't great.

I really hope he's off set pieces this season after seeing his corners and free kicks over the years best off being in the box for them. If Warnock can get a consistent tune out of him and Saville our squad suddenly would look a lot deeper and more menacing in my opinion.

Saville is a nailed on starter, him alongside tav and hopefully Morsy. That 3 is decent and has a bit of everything, pace, energy with tav, discipline, graft, nastiness with the other 2. I like it. 

• Like 2

Why all this Britt hate we been over this time and time again we don't play to his strengths he is lucky to get 1 chance a game thus as he is a championship striker inorder to score he needs multiple chances so does miss a fair few.  But if he was one shot one kill he would not be at Middlesbrough 🙃. Warnock is trying to get his confidence back by him being made captain so he feels like the main man that hopefully leads to his best goal scoring season for us 🥅

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)