oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

Why all this Britt hate we been over this time and time again we don't play to his strengths he is lucky to get 1 chance a game thus as he is a championship striker inorder to score he needs multiple chances so does miss a fair few.¬† But if he was one shot one kill he would not be at Middlesbrough ūüôÉ. Warnock is trying to get his confidence back by him being made captain so he feels like the main man that hopefully leads to his best goal scoring season for us ‚öĹ ūü•Ö.¬†

Exactly. We did over pay for him but that's not the lads fault is it? He is as good as any striker in this league. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then ūüėā).

Posted Images

Fair criticism is not hate....for his fee, he should be more involved ...trying to win ball, making runs to create space for others...passing to people in better positions..not just hanging around in the middle of the pitch..if he put himself about as much as his team mates, he would score more, but his movement is usually in areas that make him easy to block out ...you can't play to one person's strengths without weakening the team overall as every opponent will know how to neutralise us, if he can become a team player then we will be much more dangerous ..he has the strength to hold the ball and play people in, he just seems to lack the inclination sometimes 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Fair criticism is not hate....for his fee, he should be more involved ...trying to win ball, making runs to create space for others...passing to people in better positions..not just hanging around in the middle of the pitch..if he put himself about as much as his team mates, he would score more, but his movement is usually in areas that make him easy to block out ...you can't play to one person's strengths without weakening the team overall as every opponent will know how to neutralise us, if he can become a team player then we will be much more dangerous ..he has the strength to hold the ball and play people in, he just seems to lack the inclination sometimes 

He quite often does put himself about though, especially under Warnock his work rate has gone through the roof. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He quite often does put himself about though, especially under Warnock his work rate has gone through the roof. 

exactly what I am saying ...let's hope he keeps it up...it will benefit everybody

I don't think he's the best keeper out there but for our budget I'm happy with him, also has a year left on his contract (but Fulham hold an option for an extra year) so if he does do well good chance we could make it permanent which is always nice with loan players.

I'd rather take him than pay over the odds for Phillips.

• Like 2

So maybe Warnock was not bullshi**ng us when he said I did not ring Charlton about Phillips. They mentioned him to me.

Stoj can have any form of worldie he wants. Warnock does not want him.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)