oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

8 minutes ago, BoroJoey said:

Have we ever let a youngster go and then thought 'Wow, that was a mistake!'? James Morrison was probably the biggest, maybe Lee Cattermole for what we replaced him with? Letting Chris Smalling go back down south before he joined Man Utd for millions? But apart from that I think the club have been pretty good at letting academy go

Chris Smalling was never in our academy though, so it isn't the same.  

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, BoroJoey said:

Have we ever let a youngster go and then thought 'Wow, that was a mistake!'? James Morrison was probably the biggest, maybe Lee Cattermole for what we replaced him with? Letting Chris Smalling go back down south before he joined Man Utd for millions? But apart from that I think the club have been pretty good at letting academy go

Ben Godfrey, Peacock Farrell and Chris Brunt are ones that standout.

I think generally we let our lads go to get their careers going we've let Fryer train with us all summer and gave him full medical support when he's picked up muscle injuries despite him not being under contract, all to help him in his trials.

Edited by Jamie-H

Exactly, rarely do the players we let leave end up playing above the standing of the football club, most have to leave the club to get actually make a career in the game. Interested to see how Bettinelli gets on, seemed decent a few years back, wonder if a change of club can help him rediscover the form that got him an England call up

6 minutes ago, sackrobson2 said:

Why is he worthless?  He's got potential and is still under contract.

Looks like you are right according to Lurker. I am surprised but will absolutely take any fee for him. Well done the club I say.

I liked Pears but they must have a reason for getting rid.. Maybe he won't sign a new deal? or has an agent they don't want to deal with?.. A couple of the young lads signed new deals last year (Spence, Wood and Coulson) so you have to think what they're offering is fair. Also we're living in a time where getting a 100k for him might actually matter.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)