oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

3 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Am i the only one who thinks Sanogo would be a dreadful signing,Remenber him at Arsenal & he was one the most awkward players i have even seen,Bambi on ice awkward,Hope he proves me totally wrong if & when he signs & goes on to hit 20 this season

No chance he’ll get anywhere near 20, I’m hoping he’s at least decent at holding the ball up which would give us something a bit different if nothing else. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Leesider said:

Am i the only one who thinks Sanogo would be a dreadful signing,Remenber him at Arsenal & he was one the most awkward players i have even seen,Bambi on ice awkward,Hope he proves me totally wrong if & when he signs & goes on to hit 20 this season

I don't think he'll be awful, but I'm not expecting him to set the world on fire. He's on a free and fits our new wage structure, I also think he could compliment the strikers we already have.

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Ah ok thanks guys did seem a bit ott with keeper departures.

Has anyone else noticed far more credible information becoming available since the end of the Gibson saga?

All eggs in one basket springs to mind

No tbh, Sanogo has been rumoured and discussed since long before the Gibson saga ended. And I get the impression the Bettinelli deal has happened pretty fast.

4 minutes ago, Leesider said:

I mean it's a low risk signing his minutes per goal in France is similar to Fletcher's for us and that's without him getting a proper run of games. prepared to give him a chance and it's not like his fee and contract will cripple us if he turns out to be ****

3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Sanogo is training with the players this morning 

Thanks for that info and though it seems as if opinion is divided about the player as long as he helps overall team performances, chips in when given the chance then as far as I am concerned that is all that matters, Options have been so limited for us over the years maybe it is about to change

5 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Sanogo is training with the players this morning 

Any update on Morsy? RAF said he left yesterday, but the club were expecting him to. Is he due back?

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Forget fancy Dan formations this squad is crying out for 442 two fast wingers ,Crooks and Tav in the middle ,a solid stay at home defenders ,find a goalie were all set.
    • Judging by the melt down on here, FMTTM, plus comments in the Gazette, Warnock is walking a tightrope. Anything less than a sterling display v Reading will seal his fate. A live match to ponder the teams short comings with NW's histrionics on the sideline will leave a lot of unhappy campers. Hopefully the team and Warnock are up to the challenge. UTB.
    • It’s not like they’d make a secret plan to get warnock to quit. The guy meant Scott will get on with the job he’s tasked to do, he will want to make an impression and get things going ASAP. His interference will probably annoy warnock who will most likely walk if results carry on as they are.  If gibson didn’t want Scott to throw his weight about and make certain decisions then he wouldn’t have employed him. Equally if gibson hadn’t given/promised Scott certain responsibilities then he probably wouldn’t have took the job. He isn’t just here to be a scout.
    • I think you are reading and interpreting what you want to get angry about rather than what i actually said. I expect every manager to have his approval on all signings even Warnock, even though he wont be here in a years time. Peltier was signed as cover for Fisher who we knew was out for a long while, we absolutely needed him. He clearly can plug a gap, not ideal, but he did ok at LB. we absolutely needed another CB. McNair is useless in a back 4 but ok in a back 3. Like I say, I expect every manager to plan for their team and have their approval over the choice of an owner. As for Scott, we have no way of knowing how successful he will be, what his Job description is or how much autonomy he will have, you are peeing in the wind if you hazard an answer. Gibson has always been hands on,, i don’t see that changing sadly. Since 2006 the owners vision has been wrong more than right, as have his appointments. Don’t take that to mean I am ungrateful for his efforts, without him, we’d not have a club, but goodness me he is due a right decision. I know he is trying his utmost but is having to do so with an imbalanced squad. He does not sign players, that isn’t his job it is Gibson and Bausor that do a deal or walk away. They have tried hard to fix the final third with more pace, flair and finishing, unfortunately the defence has been holed as a result.    I am not suggesting Spence and Coulson were great players, but they are better than nothing. Are you suggesting Warnock prefers Jones as a LB to Coulson? He doesn’t, he is having to make do and mend.  We have no holding midfielder. Howson is doing a job but it is not his best position. He is not refusing to sign foreign left backs at all, you are spinning his comments. He said they haven’t found anyone that fits the bill after being unable to fund UK based LB’s. Why you interpret it as a refusal is odd when he had no say over Morsy and some other signings is beyond silly. Getting a player to agree to come knowing they are going to be mere cover, from abroad especially, in a pandemic too, when you have no money, will not be a doddle, it isn’t like a pic and mix at the cinema.    Get off his back and support his efforts for now, he is not trying to set us up to fail, he has the best record of any manager in the league, but that was with his mix of players, blame the players for their part in the poor performances too and the goals we concede. Warnock deserves some criticism but it needs to be for his failures, not those of others. You can rejoice his departure come May which isn’t long for you to wait. 
    • Then it's not all about Scott. It'll never be all about anyone else with Gibson around. Scott undoubtedly doesn't want Warnock as manager to begin with, it doesn't fit with anything he's been involved in previously. Regardless though, Gibson isn't going to *** off his mate Warnock, he's not going to let someone dictate to Warnock how to do his job, and the idea that they'd try and annoy Warnock into quitting is ridiculous.