oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

The thing with Brentford is that for every success they find, they have a dozen misfires that never get mentioned..and if you look at some of their successes, a lot have hardly set the world alight once they have arrived at bigger clubs....they might be very good in the Championship...but they rarely seem to end up at really big clubs...it is a good business model, but they are still in the same league as us 

The thing is 1 of their success stories covers the money for 20 misfires 

I genuinely can't think of the last attacking player we were linked with from abroad me, maybe Rafa silva in 2017/18? 

I'm not counting Sanogo since the whole country knows who he is

2 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

Surely we can get the Fulham keeper over the line today.....

Does it matter that much? I'd love both of them to be announced today, but if they aren't then it's definitely not panic stations.

Just now, Will said:

Can't force players to make up their minds.

Maybe we're approaching it the wrong way. Maybe if we told them joining us would be an awful decision for the club, some of them would join us out of spite?

10 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

I am almost entirely sure that Middlesbrough fans lack the collective patience for us to adopt Brentford's approach to running a football club.

Not being funny, but since when do the fans' opinions of transfers matter? As long as the business is sustainable and the club have a vision, it doesn't really matter. Fans will always be fickle. Problem is it seems our club leadership is just as fickle as the fans.

9 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

I am almost entirely sure that Middlesbrough fans lack the collective patience for us to adopt Brentford's approach to running a football club.

The players they sign are to perform instantly and majority of them do, we've just been brainwashed to think these players don't exist unless for £10 million plus, makes me cringe every time I read it in the Gazette 

Just now, RealSlimSladeyy said:

in what sense?  i think most fans would be happy to be run in a way in which we actually sign players, young exciting players at that.

8 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

The players they sign are to perform instantly and majority of them do, we've just been brainwashed to think these players don't exist unless for £10 million plus, makes me cringe every time I read it in the Gazette 

I'll say there was a bizarre period after relegation through Pulis' time where the Gazette and phone ins were full of this idea that every signing had to be 4-8 million pound players, or be a Murphy brother and had to be 'Championship tested' which led to Vickers crusading against fans 'expecting signings' when players like Bolasie would cost Boro  x amount and there is no other wingers out there so thats that.

Even last year people act like Woodgate had pennies the bloke still spent 4 million on Bola/Browne/Dijksteel/Stoj a few years ago that was our 'going for promotion' budget.

If Warnock ends up spending 4-5 million without sales it will be seen as 'no ambition' and Gibson pinching pennies when in reality it's actually a decent budget given to him by Gibson it's just making sure he spends it right. 

• Like 3
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)