oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

I wouldn't be bothered if we weren't playing 3 at the back and if we weren't relying on a full-back and a midfielder to bump the CB numbers up. But then it's not like we've heard great things about Stubbs.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Old Codger said:

On the subject of ex-academy lads...nice to see Alex Pattison in the Championship with Wycombe...thought he was one of those that we could have hung onto a bit longer

Don't expect him to play much, he only managed 17 games and 846 minutes last season.

I know a couple of lads who played against the Boro in preseason last summer and they said Connor Malley was outstanding and the best player on the pitch. This was a game where we had a few first team players playing as well. 

Does anyone know anything about him? I was expecting him to be on the fringes of the squad by now. 

8 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I wouldn't be bothered if we weren't playing 3 at the back and if we weren't relying on a full-back and a midfielder to bump the CB numbers up. But then it's not like we've heard great things about Stubbs.

Ultimately though if the manager thinks that the CM (who used to be a CB tbf) and RB (Whose physique always seemed a bit out of place at RB) are better than him even when they're out of position it's not really a ringing endorsement for Stubbs.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I know a couple of lads who played against the Boro in preseason last summer and they said Connor Malley was outstanding and the best player on the pitch. This was a game where we had a few first team players playing as well. 

Does anyone know anything about him? I was expecting him to be on the fringes of the squad by now. 

I know he was very highly regarded by Woodgate, but not much more than that honestly.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Duvel said:

IIRC some ITKs said last summer that the management team were hopeful Malley would break into the first team over the course of 19/20. 

Could be absolutely nothing but gonna share it anyway. Wasn’t there a poster on here suggesting They had heard Lansbury on a season long loan? Well Britt has just shared a photo of Lansbury on his insta story. Obviously they could just be mates from there time at Forest but you never know, could be more to it. Probably nothing though 

2 minutes ago, Poly said:

Could be absolutely nothing but gonna share it anyway. Wasn’t there a poster on here suggesting They had heard Lansbury on a season long loan? Well Britt has just shared a photo of Lansbury on his insta story. Obviously they could just be mates from there time at Forest but you never know, could be more to it. Probably nothing though 

On 8/29/2020 at 10:01 AM, uncle_rico said:

Henri Lansbury on a season long loan from Villa? Not ITK just one I was told this morning.

Yeh here it is.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Malley should be top of the loan list get him out somewhere where he can get 30-40 professional games then next summer take a real look at him. Sykes and Hackney can hold down the U23 midfield in his absence.

I'd guess if we get 2 strikers in we'll loan Walker out, O'Neill I'd just let go he'd probably end up at Darlington or somewhere in the non league but he needs to get his career going.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Poly said:

Apparently Lansbury is wearing his designer label.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Poly said:

Could be something, but I think that's just because Lansbury is wearing one of the hats that Assombalonga is always promoting on his Instagram.

• Like 1

Another player on a dwindling contract (June 2021). A lot was expected of Henri Lansbury last season, with some touting the ex-Arsenal youngster more of a Premier League-type player given his range of passing. In his two big-league starts, though, Lansbury - who turns 30 next month - failed to perform and evidently lost Smith's trust. Villa are actively seeking a new No.8 to rival John McGinn and Conor Hourihane in midfield, while the emergence of Jacob Ramsey, 19, has pushed Lansbury even further down Villa's pecking order. The ex-Forest skipper, though, remains on a meaty per-week contract after a bump-up following promotion. Championship clubs are interested but cannot fork out the midfield man's wages. Lansbury hasn't played much competitive football at all at Villa and, currently, remains just one of the boys in and around the training ground given his popularity.

That's the Birmingham Mail take from yesterday on Lansbury he has a year left but is on hefty wages after promotion putting off the Championship clubs interested. I'd take him myself got a wicked set piece and is different to what we have there.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)