oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

13 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Copy them as in follow the model, not literally player for player. We probably can’t do it better now because they have more money than us, I always wanted us to take a similar analysis model to try and find gems from the bigger premier league teams u23 teams/unused players, Chalobah, mooy, Michael Keane. At the time we could have afforded them where as Brentford could not. Now we are behind financially we would be looking abroad and league 1.

Following the model would mean looking to sign the same players or don't you get that?  It's an analytics based scouting system, they don't just choose whoever they feel like who might end up being good in the future.  Mooy cost Huddersfield £8m plus add ons so forget him because he isn't that type of player.  What you are talking about there with some of those players you mentioned isn't really what Brentford do, so as I said, you don't know what you mean or what you want really.   What you actually want is for us to find bargains and be really good, which is pretty much what everyone wants, I'm really talking about the details though.

We looked at League 1 last season and it didn't quite work out for us.  In fact, unless I'm being thick, our signings last season were three League 1 players, two players from abroad and a couple of Premier League teams u23/unused players.  That's exactly what you say you want apparently.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

i think im the only excited by Sanogo, his youth record is quality, showed some promise for arsenal to give a good go and i feel he could defiantly do a job in the championship. Or maybe im just excited were actually signing someone haha 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, tmcc said:

i think im the only excited by Sanogo, his youth record is quality, showed some promise for arsenal to give a good go and i feel he could defiantly do a job in the championship. Or maybe im just excited were actually signing someone haha 

He's 27.

His youth record was a decade ago.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

He's 27.

His youth record was a decade ago.

he was playing with the french under 21's as recently as 2014, but i take your point, i just saying the guy showed quality for a period when younger and i guess im hopeful he might find some of that talent. 

• Like 2

If he can perform that kind of link up every week either from the start or off the bench he'll do great. If you set aside the 'x factor' a player like he has of perceived potential lost/not shown to this point the lads a 6 foot 4 striker with decent Ligue 1 experience who can hold the ball up. 

I am very interested if this stops our interest in Zohore and what type of striker we target as the 4th, I'd go for someone with pace and energy myself.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)