oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Think we really need to act quick to get Morsy  done. Derby are now linked with Byrne and surely there are only so many players that Wigan/admin need and want to sell. 

18 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

It would be very unusual for a manager to announce the system he is going to play at the beginning of the season, why would he do that? 
Much better to have options and not have to play 3 cbs. 

Aye. I think that's what he meant when he said he wanted plan A, B, C and D. 

16 minutes ago, BoroYorkie said:

Think we really need to act quick to get Morsy  done. Derby are now linked with Byrne and surely there are only so many players that Wigan/admin need and want to sell. 

Byrne is supposedly the other player forcing his way out, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Morsy follow suit quick enough.

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Press conference now starting at 11am.

can you watch it live?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Then where do you play Tav?

In a 5-3-2 Tav could play in a 3 with a holding midfielder and someone like Howson/McNair. 

You could have Roberts playing off the striker in that formation as well. 

I'm not saying that's what I'd do but i could see the thinking behind that formation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bennyboy137 said:
5 minutes ago, kmorrisuk said:

can you watch it live?

I was going to ask the same question!

Not that I know of. Gazette has updates & then Boro post the presser afterwards in full.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Not that I know of. Gazette has updates & then Boro post the presser afterwards in full.

Gazette are updating live now.

Expected signings by now

Warnock admits he expected to have about four signings by now and admits he is bitterly disappointed.

Says they've got to get players in because the bench in very fragile.

• Sad 1

Asked about Morsy, says he's been optimistic about many players and they've not been able to get any over the line, so until he signs on the dotted line he won't say much.

Sam Morsy

Asked about Morsy, says he's been optimistic about many players and they've not been able to get any over the line, so until he signs on the dotted line he won't say much.

On Bettinelli

Says he's optimistic of signing a GK today. That is of course Bettinelli arriving on loan from Fulham

"Optimistic of signing a keeper today"

Is that because he's already signed and been seen with the shirt?

• Haha 6

Why are they struggling with transfers?

Been very close on four or five occasions but not get them over the line.

Says that's life at the moment and Boro just have to carry on.

He's still optimistic they can bring a few in.

• Like 1