oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

It would be very unusual for a manager to announce the system he is going to play at the beginning of the season, why would he do that? 
Much better to have options and not have to play 3 cbs. 

Aye. I think that's what he meant when he said he wanted plan A, B, C and D. 

16 minutes ago, BoroYorkie said:

Think we really need to act quick to get Morsy  done. Derby are now linked with Byrne and surely there are only so many players that Wigan/admin need and want to sell. 

Byrne is supposedly the other player forcing his way out, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Morsy follow suit quick enough.

59 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Then where do you play Tav?

In a 5-3-2 Tav could play in a 3 with a holding midfielder and someone like Howson/McNair. 

You could have Roberts playing off the striker in that formation as well. 

I'm not saying that's what I'd do but i could see the thinking behind that formation. 

• Like 1

Sam Morsy

Asked about Morsy, says he's been optimistic about many players and they've not been able to get any over the line, so until he signs on the dotted line he won't say much.

On Bettinelli

Says he's optimistic of signing a GK today. That is of course Bettinelli arriving on loan from Fulham

Why are they struggling with transfers?

Been very close on four or five occasions but not get them over the line.

Says that's life at the moment and Boro just have to carry on.

He's still optimistic they can bring a few in.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• The dust has settled after yesterday and I've calmed down, but my opinion hasn't changed. Warnock needs to go. I just can't believe how poor we were against a ramshackle Reading side. It says a lot when our biggest chance was Joe Lumley almost heading the ball in the 100th minute.
    • Delighted to see AJ got absolutely battered by Usyk, I've been saying  for weeks that he was severely underestimating his opponent YET AGAIN. He's never going to fight Fury (probably a good thing, Fury would murder him!)
    • A Cardiff v West Brom H Huddersfield v Blackburn H Hull v Blackpool D Middlesbrough v Sheffield Utd A Preston v Stoke H QPR v Birmingham H Barnsley v Nottingham Forest D Derby v Reading H Fulham v Swansea H Luton v Coventry D Millwall v Bristol City A Peterbrough v Bournemouth
    • While we have a regressive Manager playing regressive football which as you say is the complete opposite to us except that when I actually type it it looks real scary. A regressive Manager playing regressive football. How bad can it get and where is it going to take us?  
    • Our fixtures become interesting after Sheffield United. Away to Hull next Saturday then we have a run of Home games to Peterborough and Barnsley then Away to Cardiff, Warnock's old Club who are struggling (although not quite as bad as ourselves), Home to Birmingham, Away to Luton before we go to the Hawthorns to face the Baggies on the 6th Nov. We then have two consecutive Home games against Millwall and Preston before a trip to Huddersfield on the 27th November. On paper there are some very "winnable" games amongst that lot so would it be fair to let Warnock have that run to save himself and get things back on track or is it too risky to let the performances continue and see those potential points frittered away like we have all year? It could be argued that it would be reasonable to give him those games but the reality is that we are seeing nothing that gives us any reason whatsoever that Warnock has a grip and is going to tun it around. There has been little logic, shape or reason as to how he sets his sides up. Our defence is as poor as I have seen from a Boro side in a long time. If we were solid at the back, keeping clean sheets while boring us to death there would at least be some merit in his thinking but porous doesn't begin to describe us. Our Midfield is a disjointed mess, they cant cover and shield the defence and they can't set up attacking passages of play. They seem to run around chasing back (or more likely chasing their man to mark) after we lose possession or running up chasing long punts, then running back again, then running up again meanwhile adding little of merit or quality. It's clear that it is due to tactics rather than them all being useless (including Howson in fairness). Their passing and ball retention is painful to watch rendering them a weak and ineffective unit regardless of personnel. The fact that we are lamenting the loss of a fairly basic clogger in Morsy illustrates just how desperate we have sunk and how low our expectations now are. Attack? I can only chuckle at the thought of us actually looking like we can attack and record efforts be they on or off target. With just about zero threat or opportunities, bereft of any quality of service we look hopeless.  Ikpeazu can be a real handful and Sporar has class yet neither seem to be effective in a Warnock side.  We have played many teams already with far fewer resources than Warnock has at his disposal and have been found wanting on each and every occasion with the exception of bottom of the table Forest who immediately sacked their Manager. Derby are a basket case and a collection of journeymen players and Rooney's nous (Rooney and nous in the same sentence is something I thought I would never be typing) but they comfortably nullified Warnock. Mark Robbins and Coventry (with their own set of off field issues for years) and limited budget of a side bettered us with ease. Reading with an inexperienced Keeper (not that it mattered as his Kit won't need to have been washed by the end of all that added time), and a defence consisting of midfielders square pegged into a makeshift defence kept us at bay with such ease it was demoralising. Then there was Blackpool and copy and paste. A terrible disorganised Defence, a Midfield that seemingly has a confused purpose and an Attack that rarely if ever threatens leaves me with little reason for optimism. I'm not even sure where to begin in terms of sorting it all out as it is so far off the ideal in every single department that it is scary as to how bad we have become and how likely it is to continue unabated because there are absolutely no signs of something clicking or even just misfiring. It's the dampest of damp squibs. Its like the end of Strachan and Mogga all over, all the signs are glaringly obvious and I suspect the players must think the same despite them being "a smashing bunch of lads really". If SG made a change now it could get worse but by how much? If he doesn't it could get better but again by how much? Weighing everything up I can't see anything to suggest anything but more of the same for the last quarter of the year and by that time we could be lamenting more lost points against mediocre to poor sides and seriously deep in relegation territory. Hull and Peterborough will be looking at their fixtures against us and seeing them as winnable six pointers, this against a side that had the Play Offs as the target only a few weeks back.