oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

24 minutes ago, ph. said:

Or Warnock spoke to Hall before he was appointed manager😮

I think Warnock means when he was appointed manager in the summer and Hall signed 2 or 3 days later

5 minutes ago, p_mards said:

I’m interpreting Warnock giving Assombalonga the captains armband as being partially influenced by trying to entice him into signing a new contract here. Him and Fletcher are both out of contact at the end of this season, and both of them seem to get on with each other on and off the pitch, so I’m thinking Warnock will be looking at the bigger picture of trying to get them two to commit to new deals here as we simply can’t afford to let them leave on free transfers.

Assombalonga’s heavy wages are going to be a huge obstacle to overcome, but him being appointed captain will only help our chances. Warnock would find it easier to justify giving Assombalonga higher wages than the standard wage structure for his captain. If agents of other players argue that their player should get wages close to the club’s top earner such as Assombalonga, Warnock could justify it as him being the clubs captain but the top wage for players who are not the captain will remain at the same lower level. I may be over thinking it but I think Warnock is being clever with this.

I agree it's a simple necessity we sign these 2 down to new deals 

Clever idea to give Britt the armband because he knows that with the extra responsibility he will be far more involved in all passages of play and lead by example.

Would suggest far more goals from him this season

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ABH said:

I think Warnock means when he was appointed manager in the summer and Hall signed 2 or 3 days later

That sounds the most plausible 

Alrighty you moaning mofos announcement day. At least you can't complain about no announcement this week

2 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

That’s a bit high tech for Boro! Well done to those concerned

The media team haven’t had too much to do lately, at least they’ve kept themselves busy!

Yippee we finally have a confirmed signing 🥳🥳🥳🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️

Just hope we get Morsy and Sanogo done before the Barnsley game neither have had a pre season a League Cup runout will be perfect considering we have Chelsea next if we win, might be the best opening we get to put them in a low stakes game.

• Like 2