oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

24 minutes ago, ph. said:

Or Warnock spoke to Hall before he was appointed manager😮

I think Warnock means when he was appointed manager in the summer and Hall signed 2 or 3 days later

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, p_mards said:

I’m interpreting Warnock giving Assombalonga the captains armband as being partially influenced by trying to entice him into signing a new contract here. Him and Fletcher are both out of contact at the end of this season, and both of them seem to get on with each other on and off the pitch, so I’m thinking Warnock will be looking at the bigger picture of trying to get them two to commit to new deals here as we simply can’t afford to let them leave on free transfers.

Assombalonga’s heavy wages are going to be a huge obstacle to overcome, but him being appointed captain will only help our chances. Warnock would find it easier to justify giving Assombalonga higher wages than the standard wage structure for his captain. If agents of other players argue that their player should get wages close to the club’s top earner such as Assombalonga, Warnock could justify it as him being the clubs captain but the top wage for players who are not the captain will remain at the same lower level. I may be over thinking it but I think Warnock is being clever with this.

I agree it's a simple necessity we sign these 2 down to new deals 

• Brunners changed the title to The Summer/Autumn (Is this the day? - Yes it is!) transfers thread 2020

Just hope we get Morsy and Sanogo done before the Barnsley game neither have had a pre season a League Cup runout will be perfect considering we have Chelsea next if we win, might be the best opening we get to put them in a low stakes game.

• Like 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• Probably setting myself up for some disagreement but I have been surprised that the twin transfer policy approach seems to have worked to a greater extent than I thought, Sporar and Payero are both bedding in nicely and seem to be able to work well with Crooks and Uche whilst Bamba and Peltier have earned their corn. If Lea-Siliki comes good and they ever get to the bottom of Ameobi's problem, then I would say that the window could be called successful when compared to others of late. Lumley has his moments but is a massive upgrade on Bettinelli and IF the loan lads come back as more experience and rounded players, I would say progress has been made, even it only means they have impressed elsewhere enough to get decent fees if we can't hang on to them. Coburn and Jones seem to be being integrated into the squad and although others are knocking at the door, it is up to them to break it down by impressing Scott enough to fast track them as he will be the one with the power to decide their future. Hopefully we can keep up the run next week and Gorgeous George takes a day off (for a change) as Clayton seems to have been shown the cold shoulder and shouldn't come back to haunt us in the same way. With any luck might have a couple back after that have to say in closing that although we should have won the last three games, it is really good that we have begun to win games against teams we should win games against, instead of being "Typical Boro"   
    • Play-off spots looking interesting now. Not getting carried away, but with player to return from injury we should be able to hang thereabouts. 
    • First game I have been able to see live this season and some very promising signs mixed in with a dreadful final ball at times. Great interaction between Sporar and Sol at the end seemed to suggest a good spirit in the camp as well which is good to see.    We all know it’s the hope that kills you but we look like we are a team who can only get better . Today should have been 5 at least and the concern is that we aren’t clinical but in Sporar we have a man who could get 20 this season once he gets the right pass my glass is half full again ..... 
    • As said above, how was today anything but a convincing win? We won 2-0, and 5-0 probably wouldn't have flattered us too much.
    • Just seen it.  That challenge was so daft that I can only assume he fancied a week off.  Playing for that lot you can't really blame him mind.