oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I agree on squad depth. We are an injury or sending off or two and we have a real problem.

That being said, I see Warnock has made two good signings (my opinion) thus far and I think we'll definitely have 3-4 more that will be better quality than we have right now. 

2 minutes ago, xathras said:

I personally think Strachans second season and second half of first season were worse. 

Strachan would’ve taken us down, Woodgate was taking us down. 

Not much to split it, but strachan had a worse set of players (largely due to his own inept signings) 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, xathras said:

I personally think Strachans second season and second half of first season were worse. 

Yeah that was my worst ever. I packed the season ticket in after him, before getting it again when AK came in. Id had one since i was 5 before that useless *** took charge

• Like 1
Just now, nunthorpered said:

Yeah that was my worst ever. I packed the season ticket in after him, before getting it again when AK came in. Id had one since i was 5 before that useless *** took charge

at least he had the decency to walk when he knew it wasnt working.

• Like 2

https://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/sport/18712311.town-sign-ex-middlesbrough-keeper-fryer-january/

Glad Fryer got a club even if it's only a 6 month deal, people talk about Pears being quality but this lad was meant to be steps above until that horror injury at Carlisle wish him all the best.

What a cluster of keepers around that age group we had coming through when they were U15 Peacock Farrell, Fryer and Pears clearly our youth scouts/coaches are doing something right...

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, xathras said:

I agree on squad depth. We are an injury or sending off or two and we have a real problem.

That being said, I see Warnock has made two good signings (my opinion) thus far and I think we'll definitely have 3-4 more that will be better quality than we have right now. 

I would say his first choice targets have gone and we are looking at his second or third choices. 

14 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It was the worst season in nearly 30 years.

Our squad is now weaker.

I didn't mean to imply it was the worst squad in 30 years, I'm aware we've had worse individual players.

I agree the squad is weaker in positional and size. 

Get Morsy, Woodrow and at least one other centre back in and I'll think we've had a fairly decent window.

Ideally I'd want a new left back, but it's clear we're not bothering with that.

Could probably do with a few more loans as well.

• Like 2

Centre back: Kilman

Midfielder: Morsy

Striker 1: Sanogo

Striker 2: Woodrow/Bonne

And a 5th one if am being greedy is roberts on a cut price permanant as our game changer aka ramirez/Tomlin.

Some people will ask where roberts fits in but he offers a different dimension

I can also see why you might not get Tav and Roberts into the same team if you play with 3 centre-backs and 2 strikers but I think both of them offer something a bit different to the other. Whether Roberts would want to come to a club where he isn't one of the first names on the team-sheet however is another thing entirely, I suspect not.

5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I can also see why you might not get Tav and Roberts into the same team if you play with 3 centre-backs and 2 strikers but I think both of them offer something a bit different to the other. Whether Roberts would want to come to a club where he isn't one of the first names on the team-sheet however is another thing entirely, I suspect not.

He would get his game over tav every week in my eyes but Warnock might see it different 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)